Autobiography

Share stories and discussions about Michelle Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Autobiography

Postby adamcarr » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Having just read the thread about which bio is better I thought I'd post this idea and maybe Michelle may read it, or someone that knows her may pass it on. Agreeing with Rob and his comments on Michelle's "California Dreaming" is an excellent recollection of the era.

I wish Michelle would write a FULL autobiography of her life, CD covered her time with M&P's but would love to hear her accounts of her life after that, relationships in the 70's/80's, her solo recordings. Knot's Landing Years, movies etc.

If I'm not mistaken, the upcomming, much awaited M&P Movie is based in Michelle's book.

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Re: Autobiography

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:19 am

Hi Adam,
Yes, I agree, or a biography. I believe you're right the movie will be based on her book.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Sportguynj1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Adam and Nicole,

The movie is definitely based on Michelle's book, "California Dreamin'" although I haven't heard anything as to how it's progressing, if at all. The last thing I heard regarding the movie was an interview Michelle did last summer (2009) in which she said "things were moving along" on the movie but nothing else since then. I know Michelle is one of the Executive Producers - as she should be since this is very much her point of view on the Mamas and Papas - but I wonder if production on the movie is still happening - I sure hope so because this would be a great movie!

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:11 pm

I hope , as well, in that this project is still moving forward and that the cast lineup will be sorted out. I'm looking forward to when this whole thing comes together and we can all enjoy it !
CassFanForLife

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

This movie, IF it happens, will not be based on Michelle's book. The script will be entirely new. This is the story of the Mamas and the Papas, not the story of Michelle...
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby Frankie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 am

Presently I am reading Michelle's book California Dreamin'
I'm enjoy the journey with her
Frankie
Frankie

Postby Nicole » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Frankie,
You won't be disappointed, Michelle's book is one of my favorite reads. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Frankie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 am

Hi Nicole,
Yes, this book is good read ! I was thrilled to learn that Derek Taylor helped her with this book. I've read books by him & have so enjoyed his articulate & witty way with words.
I LOVE a good autobiography or biography. I did read Eddi Fiegel's book "Dream A Little Dream Of Me~The Life of Cass Elliot" ... TWICE !
Enjoy your day.
Frankie :geek:
Frankie
Frankie

Postby Nicole » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Frankie,
Thank you, I hope you have a good day, too. As the group sang, "I can't wait" for the new JP bio.
Take care,
Nicole

Return to Michelle Phillips