[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Share stories and discussions about Michelle Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Postby jcg » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

If anyone lives in the Los Angeles area, Debra Tate will be signing copies of her book at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, where she will introduce a double-bill screening of Valley of the Dolls and Fearless Vampire Killers!
Here's the info:

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar ... re-killers

Valley is one of my favorite guilty pleasures and I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby somebody groovy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm

I also bought the book. It gave a lot of personal insight about Sharon's character, which made the senseless violence that cut short her life even more sad and tragic. I loved what Michelle wrote about her.
somebody groovy

Postby jcg » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Welcome back somebody groovy/midnight voyage,

I agree with your post; but, I was struck by what a great job the book does removing Sharon from the context of her death. Nothing epitomizes this more than the last pictures of Debra and Sharon at the Cielo Drive house during the moon landing in July 1969--a scant two weeks before Sharon's death. The last close-up of Sharon on page 269 is actually cropped from a photo where soon-to-be co-victim Voytek Frykowski has his ear up to her very pregnant belly as if listening for the baby's heartbeat. While breathtakingly poignant, the inclusion of Frykowski would have had the effect of jamming the stereo on "10" whilst in a peaceful, meditative state, bringing the crimes back to center stage. Instead, I totally forgot about the murders and just vicariously enjoyed the exciting life of a sweet, luminous soul.

Here's a link to the original image:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/513903007450858665/

By the way, I really like Michelle's stream-of-consciousness remembrance of her friend.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby jcg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 pm

I just watched an episode of a History Channel show called Our Generation that focused on the impact the Manson Murders had on our culture and, to my surprise, Michelle (Good Lord does that woman never age?) is interviewed. She talks about being close to Sharon and the other victims and admits to carrying a gun in her purse after the murders. She is circumspect and sad recalling the time and events; but, she's also sincere and touching. Well worth seeking out if you have a DVR.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:36 am

Hi jcg,
Thank you for the information. I will check it out the next time I'm on the History Channel. In other interviews I've seen /read over the years, this case affected many of the people close to Sharon, Michelle Phillips, included. Many people seem to feel that the murders marked the end of the Sixties. Okay, enough of my pontificating. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi Nicole.

On the contrary, please pontificate on! Your observation was pretty much what the show's message was. Add the debacle of Altamont to the murders and you have the equation for the end of the counterculture sixties--a time of enchantment and gravitas never to be equaled.

As mentioned before, Michelle looked ravishing on the special. She, thankfully, has not effed-up her face with plastic surgery and proves that beauty comes from within and radiates outward. In that respect, she continues to be a pioneer.

I hope you can find the special. If you have satellite TV, try using their search engine to see if the show is scheduled again anytime soon.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:02 am

Hi jcg,
Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you, Michelle Phillips is a pioneer :D
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Pamella » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:25 am

It's filled with equisite photos of Sharon and some wonderful quotes, essays and remembrances from her family, friends and collegues. I think Michelle's page-long quote along with another by Patty Duke who worked with Sharon in "Valley of the Dolls" are among the finest quotes in the entire book
the 
 here
Pamella

Postby Nicole » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:08 am

Hi Pamela,
I agree with you. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Previous

Return to Michelle Phillips