Nice story on Denny

Share stories and discussions about Denny Doherty.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Nice story on Denny

Postby Rbcsoup » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:17 am

Rbcsoup

Re: Nice story on Denny

Postby Nicole » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:28 am

Hi Richard,
Great article on Denny. Glad to hear he's in the Missasuga Ontario Hall of Fame. Thanks for posting.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:56 am

Aw....you both beat me to posting the news of Denny's truly deservingvand long overdue recognition of his Canadian roots in music with the induction at the Missauga Walk of Fame....and as a fellow Canadian....This makes me proud and appreciate Denny even more !!!! It was about time !! :)☆☆☆☆
CassFanForLife

Postby Sportguynj1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting this really great article on Denny with a lovely tribute from his daughter Emberly. Michelle always said that Denny didn't get a lot of notoriety for his role in the Mamas and the Papas, but that he had a great time being a Papa. I was lucky enough to meet Denny while he was here in New York City doing "Dream A Little Dream" - he was very kind, charming and funny. I told him that I was born in May, 1966 when "Monday, Monday" and their 1st album were both Number 1 - he thought that was pretty amazing! I'm proud to have the poster from the show with his autograph on it - it will always remain one of my most prized possessions.

Cheers,

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Cool stuff Rob....I wish I could have met him :(
CassFanForLife

Return to Denny Doherty