Columbia, 1973

Share stories and discussions about Denny Doherty.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Columbia, 1973

Postby Eran » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 pm

That sound you're hearing, everyone, is me still holding my breath for Denny's lost 1973 album.
Just thought I'd put a reminder out there that we've still not got our hands on everything that our fabulous four ever recorded.
'The Road is No Place for a Lady' (lord, what an excruciatingly long title to type when tired...) eventually came out. So I remain an optimist re:this lost gem as well.

Going to listen to 'My Song' now and send some good vibes into the universe towards the album's release :)

E. xx
Eran

Re: Columbia, 1973

Postby Nicole » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Eran,
Sending those vibes along with you. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Hiya, I agree with both Eran ansd Nicole..... I have the CD " Waiting For A Song ' and play it weekly for my Denny fix , I love my fellow Canadian lad ..y'know..lol ?! and am hoping in my lifetime, to get hold of " Watcha Gonna Do "CD by Denny...I've heard clips of it from the internet but really want to enjoy the CD in my own home.....

Also, In the video, ( you can call it that ) , for " I saw Her Again Last Night", doesn;t Denny when he gets out of his car, for a split second look ever so like ringo , or George ?!..ever noticed that ?!...
CassFanForLife

Postby Eran » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:44 am

I actually was not referring to 'Whatcha Gonna Do' but to an album recorded between 'Watcha' and 'Waiting for a Song' in 1973 that's never seen the light of day.

The only songs that have ever been heard from it are 'Baby Catch The Moon', 'Indian Girl' and 'My Song'. And somewhere out there, is an ultra rare acetate pressing of the remaining tracks which I saw once on eBay but could not afford to bid on. Happily, a fellow forum member won that bid instead so at least it's remained in "our" little community here :)
Eran

Postby KimL » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:11 am

Eran,

You are not alone, my friend!! I, too, am constantly sending along those good vibes to mingle with yours and those of other anxious Denny fans from around the world. I certainly hope this jewel sees the light of day at some point, preferably yesterday. LOL

Hugs,
Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby Eran » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:45 pm

I am keeping this thread alive, come hell or high water.

Just to give you a taste of what's out there and why we need to be emailing Columbia Records even so as to only ascertain that those recordings haven't turned to dust.

http://home.comcast.net/~dunhill1966/im ... cetate.png

I want to see this released.

Good week to all of you :)

Eran
Eran

Return to Denny Doherty