New Mamas and Papas question...

Forum to discuss other group members, i.e. Scott Mckenzie, Spanky McFarlane, Mackenzie Phillips, Jill Gibson, etc.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

New Mamas and Papas question...

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 pm

There's the one concert that they did that's been released on a ton of cd's, the one with Sunday Will Never Be the Same and Mississippi on it. Anyone have any info on when and where this was actually recorded?

I have it on one disc called "Mamas and the Papas Live in 1982" and on the back it says featuring John, Denny, Mackenzie and Spanky, but this can't be right, as it definitely sounds like Scott singing on the cd and not Denny.

Anyone know?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: New Mamas and Papas question...

Postby Nicole » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Chris,
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that some clips like the one below featuring the "new" Mamas and Papas with John, Denny, Mackenzie and Spanky have been on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFDSAbc1Wg8
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby pufnstuf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 am

can anyone tell me where the song should i should i came from by the new mamas and papas. it isnt on the clearwater cd. but itunes have this on the cd
pufnstuf

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm

I've heard the song, it's definitely NOT the Mamas and Papas. Put on the cd Pop Masters: Hey Girl by mistake.

Nobody has any info on when the concert with Spanky and Mackenzie was actually recorded?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Return to Other Mamas, Other Papas