Mamas and Papas at the Chanel

Forum to discuss other group members, i.e. Scott Mckenzie, Spanky McFarlane, Mackenzie Phillips, Jill Gibson, etc.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Mamas and Papas at the Chanel

Postby glennc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I tried, but forgot my password and they didn't email it to me as promised. Thanks for your effort to promote this release. It is a great CD!
glennc

Postby MarkApley » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey All, Mark Apostolon here. Just a bit about the documentary:

1. Paul, never got the email.

2. I have been interviewed extensively on the doc by three different people, I forget who, but I do remember the whole shoot.

3. Channel is misspelled on IMDB as Chanel

4. RB, the documentary was bought before I finished the editing BUT I delivered a final/completed version to the buyer 6-weeks after the purchase. The doc was released, by which time I had already moved from Boston. I kept three copies, all three of which were destroyed when the basement where they were being stored was flooded. The buyer got the final edit master, and all master and copies of the raw interview footage. I retained the original performance footage (which was also lost in the flood). I can only assume, based on the IMDB review that my edit was never changed. I do not know who purchased the doc, the party was only represented through a lawyer, but I had my suspicions since they also wanted all the raw interview footage. In any case, from the final edit, it would have become apparent to the buyer that I made the doc as a valentine to the new M&P, and was not interested in doing a Nation Enquirer-type expose. I do not know if it was released on VHS or if any bootleg copies exist. As well, unless the master was properly stored, it would probably have severe degradation of the video tape (yes, this was a video shoot). And yes, Dinky was the audio guy and we got our sound clean, straight from his board.

That's about it. And given these posts are so old, I'm not sure if anyone will even get to read this post.

Cheers!
Mark
MarkApley

Postby pauliewood » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:18 am

Thanks, Mark. It is gratifying to receive your response. I was living in Boston at the time and missed the showing at the theatre in coolidge corner. I wish this footage would surface, although I understand there is not a huge market of interest, at this point in time. We are still here, Mark..diehard fans are just that.
pauliewood

Postby hippie and starfairy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 pm

I know of a source that could help! One day while I was searching throughout the internet I found this place called the Lost Media Wiki. It is (as its name suggests) dedicated to people finding lost stuff like movies and music. Maybe the forum or at least one of us can contact them and have them help us find the elusive movie! This link leads to their home page: http://lostmediawiki.com/Home
hippie and starfairy

Previous

Return to Other Mamas, Other Papas