sex, drugs and rock & roll or incest, addiction and...

Forum to discuss other group members, i.e. Scott Mckenzie, Spanky McFarlane, Mackenzie Phillips, Jill Gibson, etc.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

sex, drugs and rock & roll or incest, addiction and...

Postby KeithERice » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 am

As indicated in my post about info required on the JP/Ms&Ps in the 1980s... I have posted a Blog on my website www.integratedsociopsychology.net entitled 'The Mamas & The Papas: sex, drugs, rock & roll or Incest, addiction and unreleased albums?'

The Blog, inspired by the release of 'MANY MAMAS & PAPAS' takes a sociopsychological view of how JP was drawn into drug addiction, alcoholism and, allegedly, incest.

The Mamas & The Papas were my first love in music and, though I went on to greater loves (Jefferson Airplane, Pentangle, etc)...well, as they say, you never quite forget your first love.

To call JP's life 'debauched' would be an understatement. What interested me in writing this Blog - in addition to extolling the virtues of JP and the new albums - was the psychological elements that derailed this musical genius.

There is a direct link under the Key Updates and the Blog entry allows comments. Please do commment as you see fit.

Best

Keith
KeithERice

Re: sex, drugs and rock & roll or incest, addiction and...

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks for your article. You raise some good points--understandable by even someone like me who got a "C" in psychology in college!

Another thing that interests me about John---not unlike Van Gogh, Brian Wilson or Hemingway is that sometimes I think the incredible dose of creativity God gives certain individuals is almost too much for them to always handle, thus driving them to abuse of substances or madness....
Rbcsoup

Postby John Sands » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

or that creativity is what they feel is the only real reason that they're here so they drop the rest in one way or another.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 am

Hi John,
I agree, a ggod point.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to Other Mamas, Other Papas