[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Postby John Sands » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks Nicole,

Actually, thought the liner notes talk of it, there is nothing extra on John's addiction. The interviews are extended ones that were in the first release and I don't know how it happened, but not until I played it again did other extended interviews witn Pennebacker, John Stewart and Scott show up.

I was always a little po'ed at how the original tape had that long thing at the end about John, ignoring the success of the 3 other rmembers.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 am

Hi John,
I know exactly what you mean.
Regards, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Alby » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 am

Hi,
I received the new DVD yesterday and I was pretty happy to be able to watch the extended interviews but I'm disappointed with the fact every music video of the bio has been condensed. It's a pity.

Albert.
Alby

Postby Gary B » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:22 am

Gary B

Postby John Sands » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:23 am

You're right Gary. Big money involved.

I would love to get ahold of the video that MCA released in 1986 to co-inside with the double album release of ther best of collection which Michelle used to hawk on her book tour. There was usually a few seconds of it played when she would come on a talk show then.

I remember seeing home movies in it of the group outside at the time the those outside color pics were shot, the ones with Michelle wearing that yellow shawl
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:21 am

Hi John,
What video was that and which double album are you refering to? Is it the one that called The Best of The Mamas and The Papas with the group in a pool around a multi-colored inflatable tube? That video sounds interesting!
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Alby » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi Gary,
you're right, the videos on the Turtles biography are all complete and cool, I've recently bought it and it's great. I'll keep being happy with the videos from the previous DVD release o fthe '88 bio.
By the way, do you have the entire videos from Where the action is that appear on this biography?
By the way, going back to rare videos by the band the other day I also recalled a video we have never seen yet too. It was featured in a program one had to guess the title of the songs they were playing (catalan TV) and they played in slow motion a black & white video where Michelle had her hair in a flip, I don't really know the song they were really singing cause of the slow motion camera but the song playing was Monday, Monday. Do you know what show that could be from?
Alby

Postby John Sands » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:54 am

Yes Nicole, I'm talking about that double album with the pool picture from the "Deliver" photo session.

The video I speak of was released by MCA when the double album came out and when Michelle came on a show to rpomote her book, American AMthem and the double album, some of the video plays.

Gary, isn't that clip with Michelle in a flip (hey it rhymes) from the Shindig show that you, bless your heart, sent us? I had the California Dreamin' clip from that but I was amazed when u sent it and it had Barry Mc Guire and the group backing him on it. That acoustic live version of "I call your name", with John and Denny singing the lead is PRICELESS.

Is the the scene u speak of where she has a flip??
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:03 am

sorry, the question in my last post was for ALBY nor Gary. Yes, the clip u speak of is probably Shindig.!
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Gary B

PreviousNext

Return to Products and Memorabilia