[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Postby Alby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:36 am

John, I wish they put the LLoyd Thaxton show performance from 66 which I once saw just a half a minute piece of.
My wish is that they'll put full clips of the songs featured in the '88 original version, I really like the performances from "Where the action is" in a harbour. They could go deeply into each of the member's lives, i.eg. Denny's recordings from 1971-74 with Dunhill and Columbia... or Michelle's acting career, which, that I know, has never been reviewed in a M&Ps bio, isn't that weird? (I haven't watched the VH1 Behind the scenes though).

Albert.
Alby

Postby Nicole » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:00 am

Hi Albert,
I like you're ideas that the documentary should go into the individual's group memebers' lives. You're right, most Mand P bios don't diacuss too much of Michelle Phillips's acting career, but the episode of VH-1's Behind The Music, which I think you're referring to, does mention her career as an actress.
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:54 am

Alby,

If u saw a small clip of the Thaxton Show, that belies the idea that the show is lost. Great. However it's probably wishfull thinking on my part that they will include it any more then they will include full performances of the Big 3 and the New Journeymen

Rmember when Gary had that compilation that included the whole Shivaree show, the group with Lesley Gore and Raquel Welsh? Damn, what a time piece. I wonder if they did Shivaree more then once?
John Sands

Postby Alby » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 pm

John,
I don't think the Thaxton is lost and either should be "Be my Valentine" for example cause it was sung the same day as they sang california in january '66 and we've seen that on the latest DVD. I think everything by them must be taped somewhere. Another great lost by now is 12:30 at the American Bandstand from august '67.
Alby

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 am

I never realized tha they did 12:30 on AMerican Bandstand. If they did, there is no way that it's lost. Dick Clark guarded his shows like they were gold which they are of course.

I never could confirm that they did Shivaree until it appeared on that compilation. Did they ever do that show again or maybe the show was short lived?
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:49 am

Gary B

Postby John Sands » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:10 am

Hi Gary,

I will never forget that tape from u, with the Shivaree and clip of Where the Action is, not the on on the boat.

You said that the 12:30 on AM was a clip from somewhere else and I was wondering what u meant?

Also, I never knew that the group, with Michele, did "Dancing Bear" on Hollywood Palace until u sent that tape. I thought for sure it was with Jill and was pleasantly surprised that it was with Michelle.

I guess minus the LT show that we have all the shows with the group?

Thanks Gary
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi John,
What I meant was that if the group did the song somewhere and it was filmed, that may have been the clip used on Bandstand. OR if they made a promo film for the song, it may have been used. I have several Bandstand shows from the late 60s where the act wasn't on the show "in person" but on film. One show has The Rascals and the group People on it. Neither act was actually on the show. What was shown were two "videos" or film clips for the groups. The Rascals did a promo for a 2 or 3 song medley and People had a promo for their hit song of "I Love You". I have another show where The Rose Garden was on the show and did two songs and The Who were the other group who performed, but it was also a clip for "I Can See For Miles". Until the Mamas & Papas Bandstand show pops up, we may never know if they were actually on, or if it was a clip of them. Also on the same show were The Supremes doing "Reflections", but again..was it them or a clip? Hopefully "the vaults" will open in the future.
UPDATE.....I just looked over my Bandstand listings again.......on the shows where the acts were shown from film, it was noted as such (Bee Gees "film" NY Mining Disaster......The Who "film" I Can See For Miles.....Beatles "film" Hello Goodbye, etc.) It does NOT say "film" for the Mamas & Papas on this episode, so right now we can assume they did appear in studio for the show!!
Gary B

Postby Alby » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:02 am

Hi Gary,
the tv I saw a short clip of the Thaxton show on is a catalan one and the program which Ignasi may also know was called "TE'N RECORDES?" that reviewed 1967 worldwide in that episode. In fact I don't know for sure that it was the LLTS but I supposed so cause Michelle was dressing a lined shirt, Denny had a bear and it was black & white and that matches with the only pic I have from the LLTS.

And the song they were singing was California dreamin'...if they didn't sing the song on any other show you sent me on that tape, it must be the LLoyd one, I think...

Albert.
Alby

Postby Alby » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:05 am

Here's a pic of the cover and back cover of the upcoming DVD:

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/16 ... 04_fbc.jpg

You can read about what's on the bonus footage.

Albert.
Alby

PreviousNext

Return to Products and Memorabilia