Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Postby Gary B » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:18 am

Alby wrote:Hi Gary,
the tv I saw a short clip of the Thaxton show on is a catalan one and the program which Ignasi may also know was called "TE'N RECORDES?" that reviewed 1967 worldwide in that episode. In fact I don't know for sure that it was the LLTS but I supposed so cause Michelle was dressing a lined shirt, Denny had a bear and it was black & white and that matches with the only pic I have from the LLTS.

And the song they were singing was California dreamin'...if they didn't sing the song on any other show you sent me on that tape, it must be the LLoyd one, I think...

Albert.

Still very interesting to me. I say that because by the time the group was on Lloyd's show, it was in color. To the best of Lloyd's recollection, NO b&w kinescopes were made of the show, as 2 inch tapes were being shipped all over the country for airing and when they were sent back, they were recorded over (!!) to use again and again. I would like to see the picture of them on Lloyd's show, Alby, if you can post it or send it to me. Then I can forward it to Lloyd and see what he remembers about it.
IF there is a kinescope out there that Lloyd doesn't know about, I'm sure he would love to purchase it for use on his future DVD products and perhaps use the full clip! I think it's odd, though, that a clip like that was used without his permission. Sure would like to find that show!
Gary
Gary B

Postby John Sands » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:22 am

there are 2 extant pictures of the LT show, one of the group with Thaxton which I think RIchard posted on this site and another from Michael Ochs' archive which is now on http://www.gettyimages.com In the latter Michelle's pants are kind of short, like loose peddle pushers and she has on some kind of sandles. Cass has on that attractive black dress that she wore in one of the AM episodes.

cool thread guys!
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:28 am

on http://www.gettyimages.com editorial, type in this #74282548 for a direct link to the LT pic.
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:07 pm

John Sands wrote:on http://www.gettyimages.com editorial, type in this #74282548 for a direct link to the LT pic.

Thanks John! Looking at the photo, I know I've never seen any footage of that, not even a small clip, so if it exists, I'd love to know who has it!
Gary
Gary B

Postby John Sands » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:17 pm

ditto Gary!
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:03 am

Hi everyone,
After discussing things with Lloyd, he finally got around on commenting on the Mamas & Papas clip. I made mention that even if the clip used was from an old kinescope, wouldn't they still have to get Lloyd's permission to use that clip? If so, then it should be easy to find who has that clip or show.

The problem with the Mamas and Papas is that I never had a clip of them performing in my archives. Yes, even if it was bootlegged off an old tape, if they used it in a show, they would have to get my permission. I would guess that it is not from my show. Or, they went ahead and used it anyway. As Apple computer said to the Beatles when they complained about Apple copying their logo "So sue me"

Lloyd

So there you have it, straight from the man himself. Now, looking at other footage I have, Michelle is wearing a striped shirt and Cass has on the same outfit (as noted in the Lloyd Show photos) as the Hollywood Palace show. Perhaps the clip used that Alby saw was from that. I don't know....either way, I'd like to see the clip in question and I could probably recognize the show instantly.
Gary
Gary B

Postby Nicole » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:14 am

Hi guys,
John's right, cool thread! Thanks John, for posting that link that pic is awsome!
Later, Nicole
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 am

No problem Nicole!
John Sands

Postby Alby » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 pm

From that now "ultra rare" clip I can rember this:
Michelle wearing a lined shirt like that from the Hollywood P.and AB, the clip started in the part of the lyrics "I'd be safe and warm" with a close-up of her singing and moving ahead for a moment while dancing to the music and I can't remmeber well Cass' dress but I do remember she pointed herlself with her thumb finger while singing "If I was in L.A." and the image was in black & white. What may that be? I'm sure it isn't California from H.P. nor AM cause of the details described above. Does anybody know if they sang the song more than twice in Where the action is? I think that would be the only remaining option if they didn't sing it anywhere else than on the shows you (Gary) sent me on tape.

Albert.
Alby

Postby Gary B » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Alby wrote:From that now "ultra rare" clip I can rember this:
Michelle wearing a lined shirt like that from the Hollywood P.and AB, the clip started in the part of the lyrics "I'd be safe and warm" with a close-up of her singing and moving ahead for a moment while dancing to the music and I can't remmeber well Cass' dress but I do remember she pointed herlself with her thumb finger while singing "If I was in L.A." and the image was in black & white. What may that be? I'm sure it isn't California from H.P. nor AM cause of the details described above. Does anybody know if they sang the song more than twice in Where the action is? I think that would be the only remaining option if they didn't sing it anywhere else than on the shows you (Gary) sent me on tape.

Albert.

According to my notes, they only did CAL. DREAMING twice on Where The Action Is. Mar. 10, 1966 and Apr. 7, 1966. I swear if I could see the clip Alby is talking about, I'd know it!
Gary
Gary B

PreviousNext

Return to Products and Memorabilia