[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Expanded Straight Shooter DVD

Postby dunhill » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Someone sent this to me - the group on American Bandstand in 1966.

dunhill

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 am

Dunhill,

it's funny that u posted that pic because I had a question re: AM that I thought u guys could answer.

Other then the supposed "12:30" episode, did the group appear any other time on AM other than the episode that is pictured?

Funny that the show was in b/w and the picture is in color.
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 am

Hey Guys,

me again. Got an email yesterday that CD Universe has shipped the dvd.

Though the LT pic is in b/w and the Hollywood Pallace show is in color, I don't think that the shirt that Michelle is wearing is even the same pattern. (no fist a cuffs over this now)

Alby, thanks for posting the back cover of the DVD but I can't make out what it says, though at this point in life I'm part bat!
John Sands

Postby Gary B » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Gary B

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks Gary. Hope we can find a dub of the 12:30 segment
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi guys, cool pic!
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 am

I got my dvd and here are the chapters
1. Opening
2. John Phillips' early years
3. First Marriage
4. The Folk Music scene in NY
5. The Journeymen
6. The Virgin Islands
7. California Dreamin'
8. Monday, Monday
9. The American Sound
10. Recording the second album
11. Success and wealth
12. Michelle is Replaced
13. The Monterey Pop Festival
14. The end of the group
15. The death of Cass Elliot
16. Professional failure and drug abuse
17. Drug Rehabilation
18. Back in the studio
19. Credits

it seems that there is just more of John's addiction which I thought was already added to the documentary before. However, I would much rather have some stuff on Michelle's acting success, Denny's tv success in Canada and Cass's continual popularity rather then John's addiction! Ah well, at least I have it on dvd now and the cd universe price was good
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:04 pm

I watched the dvd bonus material and it consists of extended interviews with Michelle, Denny and John. No clips or other pictures. Pretty cool seeing the interviews though.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:58 am

Hi John,
Thanks for the information. It'll be interesting to see the extended interviews. Perhaps the reason they put in etended information about John Phillips' problems with addiction is because the documentary concentrated on him.
Nicole

Postby Nicole » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 am

Hi again,
Here's a review of Straight Shooter.

http://newsok.com/article/3199311/1201869344

Nicole

PreviousNext

Return to Products and Memorabilia