DELIVER Stereo Master tape found!

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: DELIVER Stereo Master tape found!

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 am

hippie and starfairy wrote:So does this mean they've finally put their second album on CD? Also can you put another link of how they've found the Deliver master tape because it does not seem to work for me? I know this thread hasn't been active for awhile but did they find any other master tapes because if they did it would be so amazing! In fact, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe, just maybe, they might even find all of those legendary lost outtakes. If they did, I would be forever happy!!

A CD based on this found Deliver stereo master was indeed released a while back by Sundazed, and the sound is excellent, definitely the best available source for stereo Deliver.

At the same time, Sundazed put out a mono disc of the self-titled second LP. Presumably, these were made from copies of the original masters that were sent overseas in order to press LPs for non-US markets back during the time of the original releases, which survived and were recently located by employees from Sundazed.

About a year or so earlier, they also put out a disc of the mono Eyes and Ears record from a mono master copy that they had located.

You can get them all here - http://www.sundazed.com/shop/artists.php?artistID=420
Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: DELIVER Stereo Master tape found!

Postby hippie and starfairy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:27 am

Well, how did they find the master tapes in the first place? Did they find a storage locker filled with Dunhill master tapes or something? I want to know because if the master tapes can be found, then I can look there or around there for the outtakes because if they're going to find master tapes, the outtakes must be somewhere around there!
hippie and starfairy

Previous

Return to Products and Memorabilia