2013 Remastered re-releases

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

2013 Remastered re-releases

Postby Eran » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:35 am

Hi everybody,

I realise there already is a thread for the 'Deliver' reissue but as I was getting ready to buy it on amazon, I suddenly noticed that the entire group's discography has been reissued this year, each one hailing itself as having the most superior sound quality the recordings have ever had.

But that's also quite a pretty penny to spend...so what I am asking is, first of all, is the Deliver reissue worth me paying amazon's extortionate shipping prices to Israel? And more importantly, are the other releases worth me spending my money on them (again?)

Thanks for your input in advance, everyone,

Eran
Eran

Re: 2013 Remastered re-releases

Postby Nicole » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Eran,
I'm not a technophile by any means, but in my humble opininon, I do think the reissues by Sundazed of Deliver and The Mamas and The Papas are worth buying. The sound quality is superior, especially since the 2nd album is in mono. Also, the liner notes are much better than the ones written for Sundazed's release of If You Can Believe... in 2011. Lastly, the packaging is really nice. You can tell some one took time with these. I don't know anything about the Japanese releases on SHM. I definitlely think the Sundazed reissues are worth it. Hope this helps.
Take care,
Nicole
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Eran

I think the sound is pretty improved on the CDs--bearing in mind the 2nd LP is the mono version. I don't completely agree with Nicole about the liner notes --it would have been great to have some input from Lou Adler, Bones Howe etc given the focus of the releases was the improved sound quality, but I agree the packages were nicely done.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby Eran » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks very much for both your inputs, Richard and Nicole.

Off to part with some hard earned Shekels :)

A great weekend to all of you.

E.
Eran

Postby Nicole » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 am

Hi Eran,
You're very welcome. I hope you had a great weeknd, also.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to Products and Memorabilia