[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Scott McKenzie

Scott McKenzie

Non-Cass Elliot related discussion threads belong here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Scott McKenzie

Postby davidasix » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi all,

Having gotten through entering all my M&P's related tracks onto my iPod, I am now gathering my Scott McKenzie collection. I want to make sure I have all of Scott's solo tracks, especially from Capitol Records and Ode. We don't need to discuss all his tracks with the Journeymen and Smoothies (that is well discussed elsewhere).

I've got the CD "Stained Glass Reflections: Anthology, 1960-1970"
I've got the Ode LP, "The Voice of Scott McKenzie."
I have the LP that includes "What's the Difference (Chapter Three)" Ode ZS7-107.
I have Monterey Pop.
I downloaded and converted to mp3 "We've Been Asking Questions" (Live) from his website.
I haven't figured out how to download audio from youtube for other live tracks, especially from the Music Tribune to Vietnam Veterans Nov. 6 2002 at the Lincoln Memorial Washington DC with tracks:
"Handle Me With Care," "We've Been Asking Questions," San Francisco"

What other rare tracks I am missing?

Does anyone have access to the complete list of 45's from: http://stakowax.com/

Thanks,

Dave
davidasix

Re: Scott McKenzie

Postby davidasix » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Ebay suggests that Scott recorded "Wipe the Tears (from your eyes)" and "There Stands the Glass" for Capitol http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0202242243

Never seen them released either.

Dave
davidasix

Postby davidasix » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Of course I forgot to double-check Charles' site: http://home.comcast.net/~dunhill1966/mckenzie.htm

I need:
Got No Reason To Cry b/w That Ain't Love Vanguard Records 45: VRS-35033 196?
The B side of: Look In Your Eyes b/w All I Want Is You Capitol Records 45: 5961 1967

I'd add to that the Japanese CD of Voice includes the two bonus tracks:
SAN FRANCISCO (BE SURE TO WEAR FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR) (MONO SINGLE VERSION)
LIKE AN OLD TIME MOVIE (MONO VERSION)

Ok, I'm done.

Dave
davidasix

Postby dunhill » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:31 pm

The 2006 Repertoire release of The Voice includes some alternate/mono single versions of several songs. And let's not forget Scott's appearance on the PBS special This Land Is Our Land ~ the Pop-Folk Years.

Although not a solo work, worthy of mention is his appearance with the reformed M's & P's singing Monday, Monday on the Rockin' The Night Away DVD.

That Vanguard single is a tough one to find!

Charles
dunhill

Postby davidasix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:40 am

Charles,

Excellent advice. The track listing for Voice is wrong at amazon and many other places, but the album back cover clearly shows these bonus tracks:

12.: San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) (mono single version/bonus track)
13.: What's The Difference (mono single version/bonus track)
14.: Like An Old Time Movie (mono single version/bonus track)
15.: What's The Difference (Chapter II) (mono single version/bonus track)
16.: Celeste (mono single version/bonus track)
17.: No No No No No (mono single version/bonus track)
18.: Holy Man (bonus track)
19.: What's The Difference (Chapter III) (bonus track)
davidasix

Return to Off-topic Discussion