cass elliot and the gay community

Non-Cass Elliot related discussion threads belong here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

cass elliot and the gay community

Postby mjdudley1955 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

I was 19 and coming home from college in New Hampshire when they announced the death of Cass. I was crying so hard i had to pull the car over. A State trouper stopped and told me I had to get off the highway if i was going to be that emotional. When i got home my mom had heard the news and was crying as well. I'ts getting better had been a ralleying call for my mom. She was trying to save her marriage which was heading south. Somehow my mom pulled it together. My parents have been married now for 59 years. Most people do not realize how Make your own kind of music was and still is a LOUD ralleying call for the gay community. "your'e gonna be nowhere. the loneliest kind of lonely. It may be rough going, just to do your thing's the hardest thing to do". I will be a hardcore Cass fan until the moment I breath my last breath. that should have been a long, long time ago. I have been HIV+ since 1980 and full blown A.I.D.S. for half that time. But I am still here. God only knows why. Michael
mjdudley1955

Re: cass elliot and the gay community

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 am

Hi Michael,
Welcome to the board! Keep up the good fight.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby mjdudley1955 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Nicole, their is a beautiful picture of Cass in a white wicker chair, wearing a white go go dress and white boots. It is a most beautiful picture of Cass. Any idea how i could buy a copy of it? thanks, michael P-S by the fact that i knew it was a go go dress makes me feel very old! LOL
mjdudley1955

Postby Nicole » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:13 am

Hi Michael,
Good question, I don't know. I do know that that photograph is in the book Hotel California, which is a biography about The eagles, Crosby, Stills and Nash, and their friends, which as you probably know, Cass was in that group.
Take care,
Nicole
Nicole

Return to Off-topic Discussion