My love for Cass

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

My love for Cass

Postby Brownjb81 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Sometimes it amazes me that I'm a Cass Elliot fan and have been one for a long time. But there was a time in my life that I wasn't a Cass Elliot fan. As crazy as that sounds, it is true. Back when I was in high school, Cass was hardly ever in my thoughts. I mean, I saw her for the first time watching her on an episode of Scooby Doo when I was a kid and then saw her on the When The Music's Over documentary also during childhood but for some reason, I just wasn't into her during those years. I heard "Monday Monday" and "California Dreamin" for the first time when I was in high school but I didn't really have any interest in her. Back then, I was interested in other things plus I wasn't into fat chicks at the time. Then one day, Entertainment Tonight ran a story about Cass shortly after I started college and things began to change. It was the first time that I realized how attractive she was and that began my interest in her. My interest in her slowly progressed to where It is now. If you had told me back in high school that I would have several documentaries about Cass and the Mamas and The Papas on tape, 2 books about her, a Cass Elliot greatest hits CD, being a regular on this website and going on her Facebook page on a regular basis, not to mention having fantasies about her, I would've laughed right in your face but it goes to show you that life is full of surprises and you never know what God has in store for you. I'm very thankful that Cass is a huge part of my life and will remain so for years to come.
Brownjb81

Re: My love for Cass

Postby robtmyer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 am

Yes i feel much the same way. She is a very beautiful lady and sad we didn't get to have her around longer and in our life. I dream of being married to such a great lady and know i would have been so so happy with her. She was fun to be around and smart too. Cass i hope you know all men are not cold to you just the ones that are to ashamed to shout out I Love You.
robtmyer

Re: My love for Cass

Postby Lilry1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:02 pm

I have loved cass for years, ever since I started getting into vinyl. Being a young millennial, most of my generation thinks of Cass Elliot as a mere ghost of the 1960s. However to me, she is alive. Her spirit is now in the grooves of a record. As long as that record is played, she lives on! :)
Lilry1

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion