The 32 Club

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The 32 Club

Postby Brownjb81 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 am

We all know about the "27 Club", the list of musicians that died at that age include Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and more recently, Amy Winehouse. Well, "the 27 Club" isn't the only club where the list of musicians are on. In fact, surprisingly, their are quite of few singers who died at the age of 32 and Cass, of course, being one of them and there are many others who have died at that age and here are a few of them:

Florence Ballard
John Bonham
Karen Carpenter
Keith Godchaux (The Grateful Dead)
Ricky Wilson (The B-52's)
Keith Moon

Although they weren't singers, I want to mention that these 2 also died at the age of 32

Baseball great Thurman Munson
Race car driver Davey Allison

A couple of notes about the 32 Club

It's well known that when Cass died, she was staying at Harry Nilsson's flat in London. Well, when Keith Moon died in 1978, he was also staying at the same flat.

A few years back, a friend of mine posted a split screen pictures of Cass and Karen Carpenter. We all know that there was the urban legend that Cass died from choking on a ham sandwich, which of course, it's not true, although there was a half eaten sandwich by her bed. It's also well known that Karen died from heart failure due to her years with anorexia nervosa. I mentioned to my friend that Karen was so far gone that even a half eaten sandwich wouldn't have saved her.
Brownjb81

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion