[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Is "DCMMA" 1973 special release ever going to happen?

Is "DCMMA" 1973 special release ever going to happen?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Is "DCMMA" 1973 special release ever going to happen?

Postby jcg » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 am

Hi everyone,

After years of speculation and anticipation, still no release of Cass' last TV special. Can someone in the know please let us know the score? I feel we here who wholeheartedly love Cass and honor and perpetuate her legacy have earned the right to at least be kept in some sort of loop. I know its tempting to see us merely as statistics and consumers; but, for most of us, it goes deeper than that. I genuinely love Cass, her material and the era she helped define. She's more like family to me and it would really raise my spirit to know that something as vital and potent as her last tv special will be made available.

Rob? Owen? Anybody!!!
jcg

Re: Is "DCMMA" 1973 special release ever going to happen?

Postby Nicole » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:41 am

Hi jcg,
The 1973 special has been released on dvd as part of a PBS thank you pledge drive. it also has the 1969 special and a four disc Mamas and Papas collection. For more info, click on products and memorabilia here in the forum and scroll to the entry Cass 1973 special on dvd posted by Richard Campbell. Hope this helps.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:26 am

Nicole is correct. As reported here a couple of months ago, the 1973 special was released as part of the several CD/DVD set made available with a substantial pledge to PBS. I have looked on a local link and don't see it but if you write the link at ideastations.org and inquire perhaps you can get in on it. It's an investment! :|

Hope this helps.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi Nicole and Richard

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, $250 for one DVD is not in my price range. Are there any indications that the special would be released individually?

Nice to hear from you guys again,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:44 am

Hi jcg,
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. It was good to hear from you, as well.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 am

JCG

Not that I'm aware of at this time. I have seen the DVD by itself once on ebay already. Perhaps that will go for less! The whole shooting match does contain some other lovely gems. The People Like Us album is completely remixed with Cass' strong vocals restored. It sounds completely different in many regards. There are also unreleased solo tracks from Denny and Michelle.
If the 73 Special comes out otherwise we will certainly make that known here.

R
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:19 pm

jcg

Postby roger » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:23 am

Can't believe I missed out on this one. I was out of the country when this was first shown on tv in 1973. I was 19 years old teenager. Been waiting with great anticipation for the second special to be released. I have tried to order this from PBS but cant seem to find it on a PBS site anywhere. I am 63 yrs old now, and love Cass and the M&P as much as much as I did then. Appreciate any help with getting this complete BPS package ordered.
Thanks!!
Old Man Now!
Roger
roger

Postby jcg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Where, oh where, is this release?

I thought for sure it would remain exclusive to the PBS box set and then, after the box set was sold out or withdrawn, the specials would be offered separately. It is not happening that way. It certainly isn't because of lack of interest, is it? There is a hole on my dvd shelf next to the '68 special that has been waiting for this for 8+ years (man, I've been a member here for a long time!).

My fear is that the culture will shift away from physical media toward a more (what's the word I'm looking for? )communistic, streaming model where no one really owns anything anymore.
jcg

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion