The recent PBS package

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The recent PBS package

Postby jcg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello,

I finally located the PBS boxset; then, proceeded to lose my flippin' mind at the cost. I know about all that "it's for a good cause" stuff; but, some (most?) of us don't have $250 to spare for music. The worse part is that, barring a few extras here and there, most of the material we MPs fans have had for years--minus, of course, the Cass DCMMA special and the remix of People Like Us.

My question, especially to RBC, is this: will the above mentioned components of the set ever be released retail? Or at least offered separately? I am really despondent at the outcome of waiting for DCMMA to be released, only to be part of a massive set, most of which I already own on multiple formats. The irony is had the sets been offered individually on PBS, I would not be writing this and instead would be jammimg on it right now.

Please, oh please, someone give us some good news.

Cheers.
jcg

Re: The recent PBS package

Postby roger » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey JCG
Send me your private email.
roger.sargent53@gmail .com
roger

Postby Rbcsoup » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:18 am

I understand completely. It is a lofty amount for those parts of the package that a serious collector "lacks" or really wants. I have heard scuttlebutt that the PLU remix might be rereleased. I have also seen some of the package dismantled and for sale for much more reasonable amounts on eBay (particularly the 73 Special). JCG keep us posted on how you fare. Fingers crossed you can land some or all of the package. The solo Denny Track, the Michelle solo Cuts and the slightly remixed Cass singles are worth pursuing as well.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the synergy. I didn't think to look on ebay; as, I was hoping to acquire it from a general release so the appropriate entities would be suitably reimbursed. I had a feeling that, as you suggested, the PLU remix would eventually be released, considering that all indications are it is the superior version of that better-deserving album. Here's hoping.

I think what I'll do is try to locate the '73 special on ebay and wait to see if PLU will get a release, especially a vinyl pressing. I wish I had the funds for the complete set, believe me; it's just not possible right now. But, the disappointment of not being able to get it is assuaged by your input and the hope it has inspired. I always said you were a gentleman and I stand by my assertion.

Thank you,
jcg
jcg

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion