[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Cass's London shows

Cass's London shows

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass's London shows

Postby Midnight Voyager » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm keen to know if there is any information regarding her set list for these UK shows. Also, I spotted on this site a small photo featuring the cover of the tour program for these shows. What struck me as ironic was that it was entitled "Mama Cass." Wasn't this during a time in her career when she was proclaiming "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore"?

This is such highly improbable collectible item, if any still exist. I somehow managed to get a Mamas and Papas tour program, years ago. It's fairly elaborate for its time. A page of it appears in the "Go Where You Wanna Go" book by Matthew Greenwald. I suspect it was sold only at a particular show, like Cass's London shows. Does anyone have the content of this program for fans to view/enjoy?

PS: This is my debut as Midnight Voyager, but I've posted on this great forum for many years; briefly as Straight Shooter, and originally as BobS.
Midnight Voyager

Re: Cass's London shows

Postby Rbcsoup » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 am

Actually that London program is legit, BobS/Midnight Voyager. You raise a really good point about the Mama Cass/Cass Elliot 'divide.' Some of that can be chalked up to Alan Carr and the London promoters--some of it, I would submit, has to be considered as much of Cass' legacy: you have to consider it with 1974 lens, and not 2009 ones. Cass DID speak about wanting to drop "Mama"---particularly in 1973---but she was still "billed" that way from time to time and it wasn't a wholesale identity shift, nor one completely accepted by the press/public.

As for the Ms and Ps programs---there are two. One is from 1966 and has the group sitting on the staircase, Cass with shawl and magic wand. All black and white photos. THe other is the "Family Album" which is psychedelic and has some color photos (and a color cover) and was used in 1967.

Hope this helps.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby ignasi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 am

Richard, the 1966 tour program contains some interesting stuff?? I mean rare pictures, some interesting stories...
Thank you!
ignasi

Postby Midnight Voyager » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:07 am

Midnight Voyager

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion