[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Got My Cass CD

Got My Cass CD

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Got My Cass CD

Postby John Sands » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:21 am

I was getting worried since so many people got theirs and I hadn't gotten mine yet, but yesterday there it was.

I actually listened to 'Baby I'm Yours' 10 times and '"That Song', 8 times before continuning with the rest of this jackpot. Those were always my favorites and I practically wore those tracks out on my vinyl many moons ago. Cass at her best in 2 tottally different styles.

"East of the Sun, West of the Moon', shows Cass to be a woman out of her time in a sense. She would have been a natural in clubs in the 40's and 'Try it Baby' is so blusey and unique, a real treat.

The dual 'Owen/RBC' liner notes are as usual acts of love, love that we all share for this tremendous talent.

ps, Cass definitely more 'outfront' on 'Road', which is where she should be. She's always been way out front in my heart and remains there to this day.
John Sands

Re: Got My Cass CD

Postby jcg » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I am so pissed! I've read about people getting their CDs for over a week and a half, AND MINE STILL HASN"T ARRIVED?!?!?!?!?!?! I got an Email LAST Monday the 17th saying that the cd had shipped, but its now almost 2 weeks later and....Nothing. CC Music says I have to wait another week before they send me a replacement order. It is safe for me to say that I will never shop with them again. What a nightmare. Is anyone else still waiting?
jcg

Postby John Sands » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:17 pm

wow. that'a bad, Did it get lost in the mail or is it their screwup? I was worried that by the time that they got to me they would have run out of cds. You'll get it soon.
John Sands

Postby adamcarr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I ordered mine thru AMAZON.COM and it got despatched on the 27th, got it for $14, DVD got despatched on the 25th, when all the drama happened with collectors choice I cancelled my order and went straight to amazon and placed an order there. Have to wait two weeks for delivery to Sydney Australia but never had issues with amazon in the past.
Man, it's gonna be a long two weeks!!!
Can't wait to see this DVD special.

Best Wishes to all,
Adam.
adamcarr

Postby Hank » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 am

Amazon says mine is on the way, so I should get it today or Monday. I have never heard this album before, so this will be like a new release for me! I am in an "all Cass" mode right now, buying everything I can find of her music and videos. Glad to have found this group! Thanks, Owen, for making this site such a beautiful tribute to your mother.
Hank

CC Music sucks

Postby jcg » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 am

Its two weeks after I received an email from CC saying that the CD had shipped.....AND STILL NO CD!!!???!?!?!?!!? :evil:
CC Music sucks. They say I have to wait another week before they'll send out a replacement. No matter that I pre-ordered this months ago. I will never shop with them again. I should have bought everything on Amazon. They may be sending American jobs overseas ( which is why I wanted to try CC Music in the first place ), but at least they deliver their products in a timely manner. I expect the level of service I received from CC Music from a second grade 'how the grown-ups do it' classroom presentation; and even then, I'd be disappointed. What a nightmare!
On the plus side, LOVED the DVD! At times Cass appears nervous or a little high, but her artistry and sweet soul shine through beautifully!
jcg

Re: CC Music sucks

Postby jcg » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:52 pm

jcg

Postby John Sands » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:28 pm

We would love you to share your thoughts when it does arrive. I love the cover photo where it looks like Cass is holding the 2 albums. Very original design.
John Sands

Postby jcg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm

jcg

Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine!

Postby jcg » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Believe it or not, the replacement CDs got delayed??!?!?!?! I finally just blew my stack, jumped into my car and drove over to Amoeba Records on Sunset Blvd and JUST BOUGHT IT! A surreal and ultimately rewarding end to a long very strange trip. Sorry about all the ranting in prior posts, but I've been like a crackhead waiting for these CDs (I had preordered 1 copy for me and another as a present)! I got the Email, when I got home, that the replacements had shipped overnight UPS. So I ended up buying 3 copies!
First of all, the remastering is STAGGERING. I had the first issue CD of CE and found its sound lacking; especially in "I'll Be Home" where the opening piano and Cass' opening refrains sounded like they were recorded in another room. The immediacy of Cass' voice on the new CD is beyond words, at times bordering on a haunting! It sounds like she's singing into my ear! Bravo! Whoever did the remastering deserves a hefty raise!
The liner notes from Owen and Richard are touching, heartfelt, and contribute to the over-all classy presentation. It's great to see that Cass' legacy is in such able and loving hands.
The one bummer is that it makes me realize how sad and how wrong that this talent left us so early. This is not a negative criticism, It's just that the CD so thoroughly conveys her sweet spirit, that it makes glaringly obvious it's utter absence in this cynical ProTools-driven techno age. There simply is no one who delivers a song like Cass. Her siren song is sorely needed today.
The nightmare of actually obtaining the disc has, thankfully, not colored how impressed I am with the final product. Great job from everyone involved! And if buying that extra CD pushed us one unit closer to getting the rest of our grande dame's output released, then it was my pleasure!!!!
JC
jcg

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion