Will "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" be re-released?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Will "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" be re-released?

Postby jcg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Does anyone know whether this special will finally be released ( on CD, DVD or (gasp) both )? It was alluded to last year, after the release of the CE/Road CD, but I haven't heard a thing since. Would absolutely LOVE to have these.
jcg

Re: Will "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" be re-released?

Postby adamcarr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi JC,

We're all with you on this one, Owen said after the last release it would depend on sales, so I guess the ball is sitting in her court (so to speak). Let's hope she'll have some news for us soon. Personally I cannot wait for the dvd. It's like the last piece of the puzzle to compleate the cass Collection. You can still get copies of the CD on amazon & ebay but they're now quite expensive.

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Re: Will "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" be re-released?

Postby jcg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks Adam

I remember reading that and jumping for joy at the completist approach being taken with Cass' material. I hope the last package was profitable enough to get "Mama" released ( I bought 3 CDs and 2 of the DVDs - I'm funny that way). I hope everyone on this site agrees that there's never too-much Cass!

I have an idea: if - God forbid - there's some hesitance because of concern about marketing costs, why not release it - on a smaller scale - perhaps as limited edition sets for the uber-fans on this website. Just a thought. I'd buy it.

Peace and prosperity
JC
jcg

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion