Richard Cambell

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Richard Cambell

Postby terry anderson » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

On occasion I notice a name Richard Cambell, Cass Elliot Fan Extraordinaire. Does anyone know if he has written a Bio on Cass or anything else? I have searched on Amazon.com and elsewhere to no avail, but I sense he has done something important about her. I have searched on Amazon.com etc., to no avail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
terry anderson

Re: Richard Cambell

Postby jcg » Wed May 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello,
He is creator/moderator of this very site (with Owen, I believe)!
He is also the author of extremely excellent liner notes on various Cass/Ms&Ps cd reissues. I would say he has a PhD in Cass Elliot-ology! To my knowledge, he hasn't compiled his formidable insight or memorabilia in a book yet, but if/when he does, it would DEFINITELY be the last word! Here's hoping!
jcg

Postby terry anderson » Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Well, as Cass Elliot herself would say,"My Goodness!" As for myself, I feel more than just a little foolish on this inquiry! However, if such is the case, a treasure trove that is Cass Elliot has yet to surface to millions of fans.I have always felt that while Eddi fiegel's Bio on Cass was informing, it failed miserably (in my estimation) to give Her credit where credit was due. So, maybe somebody should start a campaign to bring enlightenment to the masses! Just dreaming I guess! Anyway , thank you for the prompt reply!
terry anderson

Re: Richard Campbell

Postby Rbcsoup » Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Terry. I'm simply committed to preserving Cass' legacy in the truest and most complete ways. Owen and I did create this site...in its initial format, about 13-14 years ago. I've also written a few liner notes for some of the re-releases in recent years. Thanks for visiting www.casselliot.com!

Richard Campbell
Rbcsoup

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri May 07, 2010 7:37 am

I would like to thankyou as well Richard for having indeed, with Owen's help, in creating this beautiful place . Cass would approve with all smiles .... I've also enjoyed reading you linear notes.
CassFanForLife

Postby Eran » Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Someone who has done so much for Mamas & Papas and Cass fans over the years should at least get to see his name spelt correctly. It's Campbell.

Sorry, someone had to say it
Eran

Postby terry anderson » Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 pm

eran- you are so right! I have gone through quite a few liner notes on the cd's I have collected and Mr. CAMPBELL is EVERWHERE in plain sight! "What Was I Thinking Of?" He certainly has done an admirable job of catching the essence that is Cass Elliot for her fans everywhere. Apologies to anyone that I may have offended! I certainly learned a lot more about MR. CAMPBELL than I thought I would. I hope that I have learned my lesson!
terry anderson

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion