Jeff Barry-Andy Kim song mentions Cass

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Jeff Barry-Andy Kim song mentions Cass

Postby beccabear » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 am

There's an Archies song that contains the line "Diggin' Mama Cass" in it, I always smile when I hear it. Feelin' So Good (S.K.O.O.B.Y.-D.O.O.) is on both the Everything's Archie album and the Greatest Hits LP. I wonder if there're any other songs that mention Cass? I suppose it's a bit ironic that Cass also later appeared in cartoon form in an episode of Scooby Doo...
beccabear

Re: Jeff Barry-Andy Kim song mentions Cass

Postby glennc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Oh yes there was that Archies song. Peter, Paul and Mary's "I Dig Rock ad Roll Music' had the lines, "and when they;re really wailing, Michele and Cass are sailing, hey, they really nail me through the wall." Also, Donovan's 'The Fat Angel' was supposedly about her, but it doesn't mention her in the lyric. It does, however, menton Jefferson Airplane!
glennc

Re: Jeff Barry-Andy Kim song mentions Cass

Postby Stacy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 pm

I actually read the Betty & Veronica double digests...I'm such a dork.

This isn't song related but pop culture related I guess. There's an episode of Sanford & Son where one of Lamar's friends says to Fred (Sanford--Red Foxx)--"You must be Papa Sanford!" and he says all annoyed, "No, I'm Mama Cass!" :D Really cute...I forget the episode name...I have an audio clip I made of it.
Stacy

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion