[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Andy Williams DVD

Andy Williams DVD

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Andy Williams DVD

Postby ignasi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:03 am

Hi, there's a new dvd featuring Cass. It's a compilation of the Andy Williams show during 1966 and 1968, and Cass is featured singing a medley of Words of Love and You've got your troubles along with A.W.
Great!
ignasi

Re: Andy Williams DVD

Postby glennc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am

I really enjoyed it-Cass with her usual presence and in great voice! If it was the same show in which she sang Joni Mitchell's 'I Had A King', it's funny because I remember her doing that, but I didn't remember this duet.
glennc

Postby ignasi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:20 am

I think it was the first Cass solo tv appearance after the break up wit the Mamas & the Papas.
It was on april 1968.
ignasi

Postby Caden » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:56 am

"die young stay pretty"
Caden

Postby ignasi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Caden!
I've always read that the M&P broke up when they finished their 4th LP, about february-march 1968. In fact, I think Cass did her first solo album during that summer.
ignasi

Postby Caden » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:17 am

hi ignasi. thanks for letting me know this. so, like was the 4th CD relased in the summer of 1968?
"die young stay pretty"
Caden

Postby ignasi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

No, the 4th LP was released in february-march 1968.
And the first Cass solo album was released in october 1968, not in the summer (my mistake).
ignasi

Postby ignasi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:34 am

I've just seen the duet with Andy Williams, and it's great!
Cass shows her comic talent, and her voice, once more, is amazing.
Andy Williams introduced her as Cass Elliot, and said it was her first solo performance.
ignasi

Postby GlennS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:53 pm

in case we're being picky, the Papas and Mamas album (not CD yet!) was released in May 1968. I remember because it came out around my birthday.... Maybe the official release date was April, but it wasn't in stores until mid-May. I remember the local department store had it prominently displayed in multiple copies in a special rack, along with Simon and Garfunkel's Bookends album. best-- Glenn
GlennS

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:10 am

I agree, GlennS. I remember the album came out a couple of weeks before the end of the 1968 school year. It was mental torture having to spend all day that day in school knowing the album was waiting at the store.

As soon as the school day was over, my friend and I walked (ran?) the three miles to the shopping center. It was a great day.
Sandy

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion