monterey and cass

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

monterey and cass

Postby straightshooter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Had a groovy day watching monterey pop for the first time today. What struck me the most was the sense of humour cass seemed to have, judging by the between song banter. She comes across so warm and friendly, and im pretty sure that is what she must have been like offstage. It makes me all the more upset that she has gone and i will never get to meet/see her perform live. Oh well i have her music, what a great legacy.
straightshooter

Re: monterey and cass

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:03 am

Hey there straightshooter.... I agree, knowing all the great Cass stuff and Mamas and Papas stuff out there which in just the last year or two, I've really got into, makes me sad, that I couldn't been around or at least old enough back then to truly enjoy them live , the Mamas and Papas aspect , and then in the 70s and if Cass had lived , i would of went and seen her perform, if she had ever came to Canada in her solo career had I been older to really appreciate it like I do now. We need some of that kind of music back into the world of music, today's music, sorry to say, just doesn't cut it for me, the stuff pre 2000, was somewhat better but M & P, Cass, Beatles , etc, now that's music :)
CassFanForLife

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion