Cass & Dave Mason album reflections of mine....

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass & Dave Mason album reflections of mine....

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am

I just can't stop playing the CD since I got it.... which proves it's authenticity to being as fresh and modern for today's world as it was at the time it was recorded...timeless, and non-music genre specific -- just good ol superb music as it should be ....meant to be heard, interpreted, understood, etc....

Now, upon listening to it, as I have, I came to thinking of these things :

Dave at times , has a similar voice to Denny which when Cass sings with him, they blend so intertwiningly beautiful, and then add Leah's voice into the mix...which brings me to this other thought...this was as close as to having a glimpse into what a duet album of Cass and Leah could of sounded like , had a duet album been done . It also reminds me of Denny's " Waiting For A Song " CD with Cass & Michelle on background vocals, both CDs when Cass has collaborated vocally, the end result is a masterpiece of pure harmonization at its utmost peak of perfection , in my opinion .

I love all the songs on Dave's CD, but these ines stand out for me " Sit & Wonder ", "Here We Go Again ", "Something To Make You Happy ", " Glittering Facade"...shoot , I might as well just say all of them...lol...but these for me , they just stand out for me. and I didn't realize Cass had co-written 2 of the songs.
CassFanForLife

Re: Cass & Dave Mason album reflections of mine....

Postby Nicole » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Cassfan,
I love Something to Make You Happy and Glittering Facade. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Cass & Dave Mason album reflections of mine....

Postby John Sands » Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 am

for me 'Sit and Wonder' is the best. But that's just me. There is something about that track that defines the times in the 70s when I listened to it over and over.
John Sands

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion