Did Cass testify?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Did Cass testify?

Postby Nicole » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:31 am

Hi jcg,
Wow. that's interesting. Don't quite know what to make of the claim that they were best friends either. :o Do you think perhaps it's a bit of hyperbole on the part of the author :?: I respctfully propose that's it's difficult to verify a claim like that 45 years after the fact. Interesting, though. Thank you for the post, jcg.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Nicole,

I agree wholeheartedly with your observations. Hyperbole is probably the culprit; but, it does make you wonder. Cass was such a kind, hospitable soul and Manson such a seemingly-benign, skilled manipulator before he went totally nuts that it makes sense--especially in light of the Canyon dynamics of the 1960s--that the two would at least be acquainted. John Phillips has always maintained that Cass was surrounded by dangerous hangers-on. Makes sense doesn't it? But, as you said, who knows at this point?

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:39 am

My mother never met Manson. She did know Woytek, and she knew Abigail Folger. There's where the connection ends.
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby Nicole » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:27 am

Hi Jcg and Owen,
Thanks for your responses to my post, and Owen, thanks very much for clearing up the question of whether your mother ever met Manson.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby jcg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi Owen and Nicole,

Nic-- As always, you are very welcome. Thanks for keeping the discourse rolling.

Owen--Thanks for your input. I realize this subject can't be pleasant for you; so, I appreciate you weighing in that much more. And even if she had met Manson, the fact would not besmirch Cass' reputation as a gracious, hospitable soul who was there for anybody--often at the expense to her own interests. It would have fallen in line with her kindness and generocity of spirit that she would have offered succor to someone even as wretched as he.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 am

Hi jcg,
I agrre with you and thanks for your kind words.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby beccabear » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Wow, that sounds ridiculous to me. That guy was often said to have given off intense vibes and probably lacked in the hygiene department anyway. What a pointless and horrible event he dreamed up... they made everyone start locking up and withdrawing too. :cry:
beccabear

Postby jcg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi beccabear

I share your incredulity. How could that impish ragamuffin orchestrate something so culturally damaging and senselessly horrible? I do, however, disagree that Manson's hygiene would have somehow flagged him as undesirable. Let's remember that personal hygiene was not always high on the list of hippie priorities and a little B/O did not merit exclusion.

Thanks for adding your two cents. I, for one, am grateful to be in company of fellow Cassophiles such as yourself and all the other kindred spirits on this forum.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Previous

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion