Billy Doyle interview

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Billy Doyle interview

Postby jcg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Inspired by the information gleamed from the last topic, I did a little further research and found this:

http://www.cielodrive.com/updates/

It is a transcription (audio and written) of Billy Doyle's interview with the LAPD at a time when he and three other friends of Cass' were prime suspects in the Manson murders. He mentions Cass and the Phillips quite often. Very interesting information about Cass and the social scene of the 60s, alot of which I'd never heard before--such as that John Phillips hit Cass!?

jcg
jcg

Re: Billy Doyle interview

Postby Nicole » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 am

Hi jcg,
Interesting link. I'm not sure how reliable this Billy Doyle is. He contradicts himself, accusing John Phillips of hitting Cass, on the one hand and then proclaiming he's a great man in the next breath. In my humble opinion, Doyle is not very believable. If I remember right, he was part of that shady group that included Pic Dawson,
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Billy Doyle interview

Postby jcg » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Nicole,
You're right; Doyle was part of the Pic Dawson crowd. While I do agree that he seems shady, it's hard to completely dismiss what he says, as he was under oath and a suspect in one of the ghastliest crimes up to that point. It seems that other than trying to gloss over any connection to drugs, he would have been as upfront as possible in his own best interest; however, I agree one must take his statements with a grain of salt.

In any case, it is amazing how stuff like that interview--which was classified until recently--is cropping up on the web 40+ years after the events. I feel that Cass' story is yet to be fully told and I'm always greatful when a new piece of information at least sparks discourse that can eventually point us toward truth.

peace,
jcg
jcg

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion