Make Your Own Kind of Music on Dexter

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Make Your Own Kind of Music on Dexter

Postby Nicole » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share that this past Sunday's episode of Dexter featured a scene where "Make Your Own Kind of Music" was played once again. Thre must be a fan who works on that show. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Make Your Own Kind of Music on Dexter

Postby jcg » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Nicole,

I think it is relevent that Dexter is using this particular Cass song. The song is about doing your own thing regardless of what others may feel about it. Dexter, in a sense, makes his own kind of music--albeit in a very dark way. Pretty inspired use of this song.

thanks for being vigilant,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:27 am

Hi jcg,
You're welcome. I agree, Dexter does his own thing, so using "Make... is appropeiate.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Gibbsey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Nicole...... Being from Australia we have to wait for these programs to filter through if at all !!!!!!!! but must say "Make Your Own Kind of Music" would have to be my favourite Cass song she does this so well. I have heard other versions but they just don't make it. I believe Cass never came to Australia. If anyone was lucky enough to see her in concert I would love to hear what it was like. Also if I could ever ask her daughter one question it would be the same old everyone would ask " What would the best memory you would have of you your mother. Anyway Nicole take care and God Bless Cass Elliot as I am sure he is keeping her safe.... Cheers Peter
Gibbsey

Postby Nicole » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 am

Hi Gibbsey,
Thanks for your response. Make... is one of my favorites, too.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby jcg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:12 pm

I FINALLY got to see this last season of Dexter and must say: that is the bloodiest context I ever expected to hear Cass in! The song was well woven into the plot line and wasn't just inserted randomly. In any case, its good to see and hear our chanteuse alive and well in pop culture.

A lot of people didn't like the way the show ended. I, for one, did. It was appropriate to me that it not end on a happy note. Like him or not, he was a serial killer.
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:39 am

Hi jcg,
I agree with you about the ending of Dexter. There was no way he was going to escape with his girlfriend and Harrison.
Take care,
Nicole
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion