[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Cass Elliots Talent

Cass Elliots Talent

Forum section for discussing Cass' early years.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass Elliots Talent

Postby terry anderson » Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Everyone is well aware of Cass's charm,wit, humor and talent. My question is, was there any point in time in her childhood, where either her friends/family became aware of her uncanny gifts that later propelled Her into such endearing stardom, that continues to this day? If so, at what age was this apparent? Does anybody know?
thanks for any info you may have!
terry anderson

Re: Cass Elliots Talent

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey there Terry....
Yes, I 've wondered about that myself , my guess is , she was always a card....just born with it ! What a gift and glad she shared it with all !
CassFanForLife

Postby adamcarr » Tue May 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey Guys,

After re-reading Eddie Fiegels Bio (Again) it seems like Cass was the one who was telling everyone how famous she would be one day, the beauty of it is, is that when she said it, people believed her!

Why Wouldn't they?

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed May 19, 2010 9:43 am

A number of years ago I spoke with an elderly lady who had lived upstairs from the Cohens when "Ellie" was a small child when they lived in Washington D.C. She had fond memories of a 5 or 6 year old Ellie coming upstairs to her apartment and being very precocious--rather a performer, even at that age.
Rbcsoup

Postby terry anderson » Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm

thanks for the thoughtful insight. In that case it most apparent that she had the intelligence and imagination to impress whomever she came into contact with,even at such a tender age.No doubt honing the skills that she possessed to later convert audiences into generations of fans. Quite compelling, really.
All this thinking has made me tired, so I think I'm going to take a nap.
Thanks to all who responded
terry anderson

Postby KimL » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:34 pm

In the VH1 Behind the Music episode of the M's and P's, Leah Kunkel (Cass's younger sister, for those who don't know, and a wonderful singer in her own right), said, "Cass was a star. She was a star from the time she was two-years-old. She'd be entertaining on the bus." LOL I can just imagine young Ellie Cohen doing exactly that. Hahaha.

Kim
KimL

Postby jcg » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:11 am

I agree, Kim. This was a soul who, from the beginning, did exactly as she was supposed to do.
jcg

Postby Pamella » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 am

Hey Terry))!
Yes, I 've wondered about that myself , my guess is , she was always a card but just born with it ! is a gift ))!
the 
 here
Pamella

Postby Nicole » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am

hi Pamela,
Welcome to the board. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Nicole » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:11 am