Mama Cass's speech before they sang "I Call Your Name" was a little rambling but here's what she was talking about:
1. When she said "There were a lot of rumours tonight that my ex-amour, John Lennon would be here" she was saying that although there were some rumours to the fact that the Beatles might show up, that obviously didn't happen. She had a big crush on John Lennon and her whispering "John" during "I Call Your Name" (which was written by the Beatles) was her little tribute to him. Remember they had met the Beatles a year before in the summer of 1966 when they visited London.
2. When she said "I never make it a practice to associate with men with hair on their faces - present company excepted of course" she was referring to the fact that she loved men who were clean-shaven and even though John Lennon as well as both John and Denny had facial hair now she still liked them. Obviously she was just trying to be funny.
3. "And how about Mike Bloomfield - I'd like to throw a plug in there. You've heard a lot about him already but watch out - here comes that playboy". She was talking about Mike Bloomfield who was a young and very attractive guitar player who was also performing there at Monterey that weekend in a new band.
4. "A lot of people keep asking when I'm going to have the baby - that's funny" - she was referring to the fact that she was overweight and even though she gave birth to her daughter, Owen Vanessa, 6 weeks before, obviously she was fat and looked like she was pregnant. She had a very self-deprecating sense of humor about her weight and got to the point where she could laugh about it.
5. "This song is a plaintive plea on my part - it got me what I wanted - I hope it gets you what you want" refers to the fact that when she first recorded the song, "I Call Your Name" she was hoping John Lennon would hear it and he did - and eventually they met and became friends.
I hope that better explains what she was talking about when she was onstage at Monterey!