[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Postby Sandy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:06 pm

One more thing: Michelle knows about the EP and has offered to sign it. She said I could FedEx it to her.

I would love to have that happen, but I really can't bring myself to trust shipping it. I lost one of my Cass dolls that way.

I can live with losing a Cass doll, for as you can see, I have others. I don't have a back-up EP.

Fate will prevail. Michelle and I will cross paths again one day.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 am

I've thought of one more thing regarding concert dates. As I mentioned, I saw Cass' "Don't Call Me Mama" show on October 31, 1973. During that show Cass talked about remembering a show The Mamas & The Papas did on Halloween in Chicago. I am 98% sure she said Chicago.

Cass spoke about how the stage rose from below the floor and how the stage was ringed with Jack-O-Lanterns.

Cass was walking with a cane at this time. She called for a stool to be put on stage. She asked us, the audience, if we minded if she sat down. Instead of waiting for an answer, with a dismissive wave of her hand she said, "Ah, you all are sitting down and I'm not bitchin"
Sandy

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby John Sands » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 am

I don't have those "Where the Action Is' Clips of 'Monday Monday' and 'Got a Feelin' that you guys have been kind enough to link. Can we get copies from Gary?

Thanks
John Sands

Postby Christopher60s » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 am

Ah, lots of info here :)
I was also wondering, who has these footages now?
The shots are from Straight Shooter DVD of cause, does anybody knows about that M&Ps concert footage? I'm sure it's from 1966 tour. Any infor about that?
And also would be great to learn more about those M&Ps "home made" footages in Virgin Islands etc.
Is Michelle the last owner of these footages?

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Romas\Desktop\1966%20Concert.JPG[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Romas\Desktop\Mamas%20And%20Papas%20-%20Virgin%20Islands.bmp[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Romas\Desktop\Mamas%20And%20Papas%20Airport.bmp[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Romas\Desktop\1966%20Concert%20Sleeve%202.bmp[/img]
Christopher60s

Postby John Sands » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

Very good question Christopher. I always wondered about the Virgin Island footage. During Michelle's book tour there was footage of the group doing water sports (in VI?) and MCA had a short video that used to play when Michelle came on to promote her book and that 'Best of' double album that came out. I remember reading in the newspaper about MCA releasing the promotional video with the album, not for sale I think. I saw some of it, only a few seconds when Michelle came out, and there was footage of them that I never saw again.
John Sands

Postby Tri.Moon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 am

Tri.Moon

Postby John Sands » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:41 am

IT must be avaiiable to an extent if it's posted on youtube, I mean it's not 'gone' like I think Richard said 'Lloyd Thaxton' is, taped over or something (blasphemy). I have the California Dreamin' one but would love 'Got a Feelin' and 'Monday, Monday', that is on youtube.

They were on "Action' at least 2 times. Look at the clip on youtube. Cass is in a blouse and pants, and there are many pics circulating from that day, and on the "Monday,Monday' clip in the boat on the 'Straight Shooter' video she is wearing a dress.
John Sands

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 am

They were on 'Action' three times:

1966-03-10 - Where The Action Is (ABC)
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“California Dreamin’"

1966-04-07 - Where The Action Is (ABC)
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“California Dreamin’"
“I Call Your Name”

1966-04-29 - Where The Action Is (ABC)
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“Got A Feelin’”

I'll be posting the rest of these on youtube soon... :mrgreen:
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Tri.Moon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:17 am

Okey, I'm just dying to get those both California Dreamin' peformances so it would be awesome! :)
Tri.Moon

PreviousNext

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)