What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

Postby Sportguynj1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I know I already posted my Top Ten Mama's and Papas's songs a couple of years ago - with their version of the Rodgers and Hart standard, "My Heart Stood Still", as my absolute favorite but there was one song that I left off the list that, in retrospect, definitely should have been there. I was listening to "Deliver" the other day and I was blown away by "Look Through My Window" - its perhaps one of the more under-rated songs John ever wrote. I've heard it called a "masterpiece" and I have to agree - the theme is poignantly sad and yet the vocal arrangements are absolutely stunning - I can see why this album was Michelle's personal favorite.

Cheers,

Rob
Sportguynj1

Re: What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

Postby Eran » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Wow...pretty cool to revisit this thread a few years down the line. How interesting to observe how your "relationship" with a band's song book changes or rather evolves over time.

Nowadays, 'Twelve Thirty' has become a song that goes to a place so deep under my skin, I'm not sure I'd even be able to name it. Although, 'Creeque Alley' remains my ultimate go to song, whatever the mood, time, or place be,

E. xo
Eran

Previous

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)