Chuck Day - Studio Musician (Obituary)

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Chuck Day - Studio Musician (Obituary)

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Rock guitarist Chuck Day died at age 65 after a lengthy illness. Mr. Day is not a name you have probably heard of, but you have heard his work. Mr. Day was the guitarist on Johnny River's hit "Secret Agent Man." He also played on the The Mamas & the Papas hits "California Dreamin'" and "Monday, Monday." Mr. Day contributed music to the soundtrack of Ralph Bakshi's "Fritz the Cat." He also worked on Shel Silverstein's "Freaker's Ball."
Sandy

Re: Chuck Day - Studio Musician (Obituary)

Postby Nicole » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:43 am

Hi Sandy, May Mr. Day rest in peace!
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Chuck Day - Studio Musician (Obituary)

Postby davidasix » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi all,

Browsing the internet finds an interesting article on this special guitarist (really how many people played on both California Dreamin and Monday Monday?).

http://www.marinij.com/fairfax/ci_8540874

I don't really want to upset anyone by writing here what I found to be interesting, just in case it is not true.

However, there is also much discussion behind the scenes of the wikipedia entry on Cass Elliot, which is actually interesting reading as the good people who edited the entry on Cass Elliot find the right citations to correct the urban legends, myths, and that big mystery I am not writing about here.

Dave
davidasix

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)