[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - coolest thing happened to me..

coolest thing happened to me..

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

coolest thing happened to me..

Postby Robbie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 am

okay so the coolest thing happened to me yesterday when I was at the movies!

I'm standing in line with my friend to get tickets to go see Atonement when all of a sudden I hear "Go where you wanna go" playing!! Its coming from the cell phone of the girl standing behind us. I turn my head super fast to look at her and smile.. she looked to be about the same age as me (Im 22). So I wait for her phone call to end and then I turn back around and start talking to her. The conversation started like this..

Me -" Hey!, you like The Mamas and The Papas??"

her -"yep I love them!"

me- " They are my favorite band of all time, that is so awesome you like them too!! What are your favorite songs?"

She went on to tell me her favorite songs were Monday Monday and Go Where You Wanna Go. So I asked her what movie she was seeing and surprise surprise she was seeing Atonement too!! So I asked if she wanted to sit together and she said sure. So we basically went on and on about our love for the M&Ps until the movie started, it was amazing. I even told her about this board and that she should register.

Anyways when it was all said and done I got her number and made a new friend all thanks to the beautiful music of The Mamas and The Papas :)
Robbie

Re: coolest thing happened to me..

Postby dunhill » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Good story, Robbie! I sometimes joke with my wife that I only married her because she knew who The Mugwumps were. I was pretty impressed that a 20 year old would know that and also about the Monterey Pop Festival! :)
dunhill

Postby Robbie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 am

lol dunhill that is awesome, but it is true you do feel a bond to someone who also loves the type of music you do .. especially when its the Mugwumps or The M&Ps!
Robbie

Postby Rbcsoup » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 am

Very impressive about your other half and The Mugwumps, Charles!

Robbie--this sounds like a great introduction to a book, movie, romantic story or cel phone commercial!
Rbcsoup

Postby John Sands » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 am

great Robbie,

Hopefully something like that is in the cards for me. Fingers and toes crossed!!!!!!
John Sands

Postby Kelly » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:59 pm

awesome story!

I have "Somebody Groovy" as my ringtone! lol

By the way - just heard "Monday, Monday" on the Discovery Channel. It was for a commercial saying how Dirty Jobs
changed from Tuesday to Mondays. :) pretty cool

Kelly
Kelly

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)