2 rare things that I am looking for:

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

2 rare things that I am looking for:

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 pm

There are two things that I have been looking for for years.

01. The extended version of "Dancing in the Street." I heard it many years ago. The end of the song where Cass and Denny are talking is extended and there is dialog that never made it to any album or disc set.

02. The NYE 2000 live song of "Thank You" sung by Natalie Merchant in which it shows all of the 20th Century female singers who have passed on (Cass' pic was near the end).

If anyone has or knows any leads, let me know. I have looked on youtube numerous times for these two items and they never show up (well, as of this writing they haven't).

Thanks.

:D
TRAVISJAMES03

Re: 2 rare things that I am looking for:

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 am

Not sure on the Natalie Merchant part but as far as the "Full Ending Version" of "Dancing In the Street" I believe that was on both the 1988 or so CD of 16 Greatest Hits--the first CD compilation to come out, and then also on the 1993 2 CD set "Creeque Alley" which both should be findable. Others can and should (!) ;) correct me if I am wrong about that. I'm thinking you mean the one where you can hear Cass and Denny bantering in their "Mugwump" dialect about "Falls Church" "In Virginia, Virgina" "Boyle Heights" "Oh Where is dat?"
Rbcsoup

Postby Eran » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 am

I'm pretty sure Michelle chimes in as well after Denny says "Where's Dat?" And answers "Alabama" followed by indecipherable banter. Going to check the Creeque Alley collection now.
Eran

Postby Nicole » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 am

Hi Eran,
I think you're right about that. It's nice to hear from you.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)