Full Version of California Dreamin' from Ed Sullivan

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Full Version of California Dreamin' from Ed Sullivan

Postby Tri.Moon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 am

It's been such a long time since I've posted here, like 3 years or so. Anyway, I managed to get a full version of their California Dreamin' performance from Ed Sullivan a while back. Well actually it wasn't full, it cuts off just before the final part, but what I did basically is that I took the ending from the DVD version (or actually it was a VHS release, I chose that one so the audio would be about the same so it would sound the same all the way through) and added it at the end, so now it's full. Here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10162488/clip/

It's a nice suprise that the part which was cut from the DVD release also has some live vocals. I still don't get it why they cut it off in the first place.
Tri.Moon

Re: Full Version of California Dreamin' from Ed Sullivan

Postby Nicole » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 am

Hi Trimoon,
Great clip, thanks for posting. I think that was from their appearance on the show. in 1967 or 1968. Not sure, but still a great clip.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Full Version of California Dreamin' from Ed Sullivan

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Wow....a stroll down tv memory lane...even tho, I wasn't born just yet but I do recall seeing this on tv before, and if I'm not mistaken , from the same show, didn't Cass sing a song from a bathtub holding a doll ?! At any rate stilla gem of a clip, so thankyou for sharing :)
CassFanForLife

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)