"Red Skelton Show" Instant Marriage Mill Sketch

Upcoming or recent Cass on TV sightings.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

"Red Skelton Show" Instant Marriage Mill Sketch

Postby Gary » Thu May 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Gary

Re: "Red Skelton Show" Instant Marriage Mill Sketch

Postby Nicole » Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Gary,
Thanks for posting! It's nice to hear from you again.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Fri May 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Thank you for posting this.

I remember that whenever someone who was close to Cass (Donovan, Stephan Stills, David Crosby, Denny...) attempted to sum up her spirit, they always said something like this: "she was happy around people, but was generally sad and lonely deep down inside." After watching this skit, I can understand why.

The fat jokes, although not at all uncommon for the times, are just awful. For a soul as kind and full of love as Cass, it must have been searing to be subjected to that kind of ridicule on a constant basis and have to non-chalantly laugh it off. It makes me love her even more. I'm awed by her resilience.

I'm so grateful for everyone who takes the time to bring these illuminating moments to light. Having missed these performances initially, it is envigorating to be able to see them now. It is a crying shame that these performances couldn't be compiled onto a DVD.

Peace and health to all,
JC
jcg

Postby blinker12 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 am

^Agreed. I found that sketch fairly depressing. I'm sure she dealt with it as well as she could, but she deserved a lot better than poorly-written fat jokes.
blinker12

Return to Cass TV Sightings