[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - John's old apartment

John's old apartment

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

John's old apartment

Postby Papajonny » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:29 pm

I know this is a weird post, but here it goes. I was watching a tv show called millionare matchmaker, and this one guy said this was the building janis joplin and mamas and papas lived at. I didn't catch the name of the building, so I thought someone in here would know. I think its the same building they all took acid trips at that Mama Cass Showed up also, but could be wrong. Many thanks and sorry for such a odd request. I just saw the program and when he said "Mamas and Papas", well, my head gears started turning. :D Thanks for any information if possible.
Papajonny

Re: John's old apartment

Postby John Sands » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:21 am

Not a weird post at all. If u are speaking of the time that John and Michelle first met Cass, that was in the East Village in NYC, East 7th Street if I am not mistaken. Since u mentioned Janis Joplin living there too then u must mean some place on the West coast, I guess.

During the 50's, by the way, Allen Ginsburg had an apartment on East 7th which was also a 'get together' type place, 50's style of course!
John Sands

Postby ignasi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 am

I read a Janis Joplin bio and she lived in the Grrenwich Village of New York before she went to San Francisco. Maybe was the same building where John and Michlle lived.
ignasi

Postby Papajonny » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Would you happen to know the name of the building? Also the name of the building in California when they moved there from NYC?
Papajonny

Postby John Sands » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 am

Actualy, I lived down there myself many moons ago and I don't remember any buildings there having 'names' down but maybe I was half asleep when I was there?

Of course it's possible that Janis did live there. Would be nice to confirm.
John Sands

Postby Sandy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 am

Take a focus on John's last "apartment".....

Sandy

Postby Nicole » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Sandy,
Yikes! That one is a doozy!
Take care, Nicole
Nicole

Postby Nicole » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 am

I forgot to add this : :mrgreen:
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Robbie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:43 pm

your right nicole , that is a doozy for sure !! wow!!
Robbie

Postby John Sands » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:15 am

Any of u guys buying? I'm 'thinking' abt it and will be 'thinking' abt it for the rest of my life.

A far cry from the 'palace in the slums', wouldn't u agree?

Actually, the 'palace in the slums', if it still exists would be a pretty penny to rent now with the NYC rents the way they are.
John Sands

Return to John Phillips