Papa John Phillips Presents Series: R.I.P.?

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Papa John Phillips Presents Series: R.I.P.?

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm

I love this series and hope the question mark in the title is just that, a question. Seemed we were getting one release a year until about 2010 or so when the allegations came out and very little since. Just the Many Mamas, and an expanded version of the 1971 M&Ps album. Since then, nothing.

There was supposed to be a new biography on John Phillips too (I think due this year) but again, nothing on that front.

It was a real revelation hearing so much music from a guy who only released one solo album while alive. I hope to hear some more.

I've heard of 1992 sessions, 1994 sessions (supposedly 4 albums' worth) and 1995 sessions and I figured that's what was next.

Waiting...
Dark Horse 77

Re: Papa John Phillips Presents Series: R.I.P.?

Postby Nicole » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:34 am

Hi darkhorse77,
Great question. I've been wondering that, too. Perhaps the series is not r.i.p. but gathering material and rights for another release. I would really like to hear thos sessions from the 90's on cd. To be honest, I didn't even know John Phillips had recorded anything in the 90's. I just thought he toured with the re-configured Mamas and Papas. Keeping my fingerscrossed that more comes out... :D Thank you for the information.
Take care,
Nicole
Nicole

Return to John Phillips