Cass Elliot/The Road Is No Place for a Lady 2-fer CD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass Elliot/The Road Is No Place for a Lady 2-fer CD

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:17 am

Wow, Richard, you didn't mention this! ;)

https://www.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=CCM20432

This is a very special reissue for us at 'Collectors' Choice Music', and it's not just because we're restoring to availability some classic albums that have been gathering dust in the vaults (that's standard operating procedure around here)! No, it's also because, as Cass Elliot's daughter Owen put it to us, these albums were by far the most representative of her mother's artistic vision, as Cass, freed from the commercial strictures at ABC/Dunhill, the Mamas & Papas' old label, was given free reign by RCA to select her own repertoire and collaborators. The result was two absolute gems, both of which have been mysteriously absent from CD ('Cass Elliot' has been out of print for years, 'The Road', her final studio album, has never been on CD at all). Plus, we've added unreleased bonus tracks?a full portrait of an artist at the top of her game! Arranged and conducted by Benny Golson, 'Cass Elliot' includes 'I'll Be Home; Baby I'm Yours; Jesus Was a Cross Maker; That Song; When It Doesn't Work Out; I'll Be There; Disney Girls; I Think It's Going to Rain Today; Cherries Jubilee', and 'All in the Game', plus the bonus tracks 'East of the Sun (and West of the Moon); We'll See', and 'Try It Baby'. 'The Road', which features Chris Spedding on guitar among other luminaries, includes '(If You're Gonna) Break Another Heart; Saturday Suit; Does Anybody Love You; Walk Beside Me; All My Life; Say Hello; Who in the World; Love Was Not a Word; Oh Babe, What Would You Say; The Road Is No Place for a Lady', and the unreleased bonus track 'Don't Make Me a Memory'. Out July 14, with notes by Mama maven Richard Campbell!

ON SALE! $ 17.98 $ 15.98 buy

Catalog #: WWCCM20432
UPC: 617742204322
Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: Cass Elliot/The Road Is No Place for a Lady 2-fer CD

Postby John Sands » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:53 am

Hi guys,
Double wow!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 am

I SO just ordered it!

Any info on the songs "Try It" and "We'll See"?
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby John Sands » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 am

Nicole,

WIth "Man on the Moon' coming out it's a triple wow!!!
John Sands

Postby Alby » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi,
I had in mind to get the the self-titled CD and now this comes out on time :)
I hope they have remixed the sound of "The Road" LP to improve it...This label sometimes transfers the vinyl to CD with no remastering, but at last it'll be on CD.

Albert.
Alby

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:40 pm

I can't wait for mine to arrive (as I said, I just ordered it when I first saw this thread).

ALL OF US should order at least one copy because we have been complaining about "TRINPFAL" not being on CD for so long - and those unreleased other songs add incentive too!
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby John Sands » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:25 am

as long as they don't copy it from my old worn out vinyl copy!!!
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:45 am

Hi John,
You're right, with Man On The Moon coming out it is a triple Wow!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi Everyone!

This is a long overdue post about some LONG overdue re-releases...!

As you guys already know, both of my mother's records that she made for RCA are finally going to be available in CD form, as well as the 1969 special! It's certainly been a long time coming.

The adventure was truly in the remastering process of the records, hearing the actual tapes, and discovering a new mix of "If You're Gonna Break Another Heart" that is markedly better than the one on the vinyl. Getting to meet and spend time with the producer of the two records and hear his stories was amazing..looking at pages and pages of session notes a trip into the past.

The people at Collectors Choice rock...and hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the catalogue released in the future...

Enjoy!

Owen :mrgreen:
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Next

Return to Products and Memorabilia