Mamas & The Papas - Ed Sullivan on DVD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Mamas & The Papas - Ed Sullivan on DVD

Postby Alby » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi,
does anyone know if there's any DVD from the Ed Sullivan Show series or any other that features the whole songs with no cuts from that show?
I only know of the entire clips of "Creeque Alley" and "Monday, Monday" (dec.66 - by the way both are very well remastered) from the Ed Sullivan series DVD called "Chart toppers 65-67".

Thanks,

Albert.
Alby

Re: Mamas & The Papas - Ed Sullivan on DVD

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Yes, there is. It doesn't have the complete episodes, but it does have complete performances, with intros.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sullivan-Presen ... _sv_edpp_i
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Alby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Well, I forgot to mention that I have that DVD too and the videos of "12:30", "dedicated" and "California" (from the medley) are unfortunately cut.

Thanks
Alby

Postby Tri.Moon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 am

I have California Dreamin' from their last performance, it's full but in crappy quality + it has CD version over it.
Tri.Moon

Postby Sportguynj1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:55 am

The latest 3 DVD box set of performances from the Sullivan show (released on January 9, 2009) have all of the performances from the Mamas and Papas three appearances. I haven't gotten it yet - but it's on my Christmas List. I do have the other larger Sullivan box set which only four of their songs: "California Dreamin' and "Monday, Monday" (from the December 11, 1966 show) and "Dedicated to the One I Love" and "Creeque Alley" (from the June 11, 1967 show). I can't wait to check out the new box set with all of the performances!

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby Alby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:08 pm

So I wish you'll keep us informed about the 3 DVD box Rob and tell us if the performances are complete ;)

Albert.
Alby

Postby Sportguynj1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 am

Albert,

As soon as I get it (it's on my Christmas list) and watch it I'll let you know if they include the entire performances. I read on Amazon.com that the Mamas and the Papas are the ONLY group on this latest Sullivan compliation to actually get their own section which includes: "California Dreamin' (from their final appearance on 9/24/67) "Monday, Monday" (from their first appearance on 12/11/66), "12:30" (also from the 9/24/67 show),
"Creeque Alley" and "Dedicated to the One I Love" (both from their second appearance on 6/11/67) and "I Call Your Name" (from the 9/24/67 show).

The set also includes "California Dreamin'" and my personal favorite, "Words of Love" (both from the 12/11/66 show). Hopefully these are the complete performances, but, in any event, I'll keep you posted as soon as I see them.

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby Alby » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks for the interesting information, if it finally contains the complete performances I'll get it too.
Alby

Return to Products and Memorabilia