"Didn't Wanna have to Do It" audio question

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

"Didn't Wanna have to Do It" audio question

Postby KimL » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:33 am

Hi All,

I have an audio-related question regarding the two versions of this song that our Cass recorded.

I downloaded both versions from ITunes. In Version 1, there is a very brief break or cut out in the audio during the guitar solo. In Version 2, there is a similar break or cut out in the sound while Cass sings the last full line of the song. She sings, "... didn't wanna have to say the end...", and during the word "say", the audio cuts out.

I just wanted to find out, if possible, whether this is a glitch in my personal files, or in the recordings themselves.

Any info would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Warmest,
Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Re: "Didn't Wanna have to Do It" audio question

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:35 pm

It's not just yours. I fixed them in Adobe Audition 3, can't even tell there was ever a problem! :mrgreen:
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby KimL » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks, Chris! Relieved to know it isn't just mine.

Warmest,
Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby Drawer L » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Is this an AUTHORIZED release of the two versions of DWHTDI???--The reason I ask,is that little droput sounds to me to be what tape collectors refer to as a 'safety glitch'.IE:I'll dub you a copy of this rare track,but I'm gonna put this little glitch in your copy,so A)if you leak it,I'll know it came from YOU and B)by altering YOUR copy,my copy is still the better one.Because I'm special,and you're not......Glad I don't have to deal with those kind of guys anymore.Used to get that all the time.....
---Denis
Drawer L

Postby KimL » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:28 am

Hi Denis,

Yep, this is an authorized version... I bought both versions of the track from ITunes, from the Here's a Song You Might have Missed album. It's cool getting to hear both versions... Cass solo, and Cass doing her own backing vocals... fun!

Kim
----------
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby John H. » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 pm

I bought this from Amazon -- both have the same glitches. I wish I had a program to fix them! I'm terrible at that kind of stuff, unfortunately. Still, what a beautiful rendition. I'd love to get a remastered, "repaired" release.
John H.

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion