"Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

"Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

Postby KimL » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:08 am

Hi All,

Just hoping someone could clear up some confusion for me about this track. In the Collector's Choice description, it mentions the bonus track "Don't Make Me a Memory" as being included on Cass Elliot / The Road, but it isn't listed in the track listing on any site I've found. Could someone please clarify as to whether this track will, in fact, be included?

Can't wait!!!!

Warmest,
kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Re: "Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Kim,

There is no song called "Make me A Memory" on the Collectors Choice package. Where did you see this title?

-Owen
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:43 pm

TRAVISJAMES03

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Lol, yeah... it certainly does seem to say that, doesn't it. Weird... :?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 am

"Don't Make Me A Memory" is a song written by Al Kasha who wrote "(There's Got To Be A) Morning After" --the theme to the Poseidon Adventure and the prequel to that song, which Cass sang on her 1973 album--"The Night Before."

Cass performed "Don't Make Me A Memory" 36 years ago this past week at Mister Kelly's. I wrote a little about it in the notes for the 1973 re-release CD, I think. It was recorded but not included in the 1973 album so it is an unreleased track but not one included on the soon-to-be-released CD.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby KimL » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks for the clarification, Richard. Yikes... very odd indeed that it's sitting there in the Collector's Choice description. Woops!

Nice to know there are still more unreleased tracks that we've yet to enjoy. Yay! I always wondered if there were extra goodies from the 73 recordings that never made it to DCMMA! Cool!

Warmest,
Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:41 am

I do know that my Mom recorded studio versions of everything that ended up on DCMMA....hopefully we will be able to put them all on the next re-release... :D
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby KimL » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:51 am

Hi Owen,

Oh my gosh... you just totally made my morning with your last post!!! That's absolutely fantastic news! I remember you saying once that there were a lot of RCA treasures we'd never heard, but I never guessed about the DCMMA tracks having studio counterparts! Woooohoooo!!!

Thanks so much for sharing that tidbit!!

xox,
Kim
----------
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby jcg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Dear Owen,
I too am through the roof with excitement at the news of the all the studio versions of the DCMMA set and that you guys might have plans to release them! I ask one thing: HURRY!!!!!!! Cass' sweet siren voice is sorely needed in this age of synthesizer noodlings. It says alot about your mom that the twofer isn't even out yet and I'm already craving more!
JC
jcg

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Though it irritates me that some of CE's legacy is piecemeal and unreleased, it is such a thrill to find previously-unknown gems in the mix.

Hopefully, one day will come when we have heard all of what she sang.
TRAVISJAMES03

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion