Samples of "Andy Warhol Presents Man on the Moon"

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Samples of "Andy Warhol Presents Man on the Moon"

Postby John Sands » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:42 am

gracias
John Sands

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:57 pm

K, simple as this. Insert the disc in your computer, go to "Computer" (not sure what operating system you're using, I'm on Windows 7 here... It'll either be called "Computer" or "My Computer" if you're on a Windows system).

Right click the drive that you put the disc in. Depending on your OS, choose "Open" or "Explore". In there is the .pdf file, called "Bonus Material.pdf" and a folder called "Rehearsal Footage".

In the Rehearsal Footage folder, there are two video files, called "'Penthouse Of Your Mind' thru 'Champagne and Kisses'.mp4" and "'Plastic Bouquets.mp4'".

For viewing the .pdf, I recommend the freeware program, Foxit Reader (much faster rendering and less of a resource hog than Adobe's Acrobat Reader). http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/download.php

The video files can be viewed with the wonderful open-source media player, VLC. If you've never used VLC and have ever had a problem playing any video file, you're in for a real treat, as VLC can play damn near anything! :mrgreen: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Enjoy! (and let me know if you have any problems)

****EDIT****
Uggh, the .pdf file is not a regular .pdf, but instead a "PDF Package" file, which can not be opened with Foxit Reader or with Sumatra. Looking for an alternative, but it seems like Acrobat Reader might be required... :cry:

****EDIT 2****
A-ha, found a solution! :mrgreen:
Open the .pdf with Foxit Reader, and you will see the "Multiple files are bound together...blah blah blah" screen. Then click "View" at the top, and in that menu click "Navigation Panels" > "Attachments". This will open a list of the actual hidden .pdf files! Click on any one of them, click "Open" right above there, and then click "OK", and you'll see the document!

You can also choose to save each one individually outside of the package, and then be able to open each one as individual regular .pdf files from where ever you save them to. :D
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm

...and holy crap, it has sheet music for multiple instrumental parts for eight of the songs!!!

-"Midnight Deadline Blastoff": Organ; Reed (Tenor Sax); Trumpet; Bass

-"Speed of Light": Organ; Reed (unspecified); Trumpet; Bass

-"Canis Minor": Organ; Bass; ARP (synthesizer); Bass (different key); Trumpet; Flute

-"Welcome to the Moon, Man": Reed; Trumpet; Bass; ARP

-"Star Stepping Stranger": Flute; Trumpet; Bass; ARP

-"Love Is Coming Back": Organ

-"We Funky Little Bats": Reed; Trumpet; Bass; ARP

-"Yesterday I Left the Earth": Bass (w/ chord names); Trumpet; Reed; ARP

...keep in mind, these are not transcriptions of the recordings on the CD, but instead are arrangements for the musicians that played in the show itself.

Amazing stuff! :mrgreen:
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby John Sands » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 pm

I see. I'll do that. Many thanks.
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:51 am

Thank you so much. I got the PDh files. The video files I will watch at work. Thanks again.
John Sands

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:29 pm

No problem, glad to help! :mrgreen:
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby John Sands » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 am

John does some nice singing on this release. I was pleasantly surprised.
John Sands

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:41 pm

I agree, good singing all around. Sort of scattershot with John tracks, Genevieve, acoustic and small group backing all mixed up together. Glad to have it though.
Dark Horse 77

Previous

Return to John Phillips