[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - M&P's TV appearances

M&P's TV appearances

Upcoming or recent Cass on TV sightings.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: M&P's TV appearances

Postby John Sands » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 am

I see, so 'Top of the Pops' showed that clip taken by the BBC. I wonder if a lot more footage is around from that film. We alway seem to see the asme loop.

I hear ya abt Lloyd Thaston. Quite a waste of valuable footage.
John Sands

Postby Drawer L » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 pm

---Denis
Drawer L

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Would have been recorded between mid-July and mid-August 1966.

Interesting idea about being shot as an insert for a summer re-run. If that were the case, any idea as to how one might go about looking for it?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Drawer L » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:29 pm

---Denis
Drawer L

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Ah, good call, I will try and look into it.
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:21 am

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:15 am

A lot of updates to the list, still have a ton of Cass stuff to add...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*1960-07-25 - American Bandstand (ABC) Ep AB-788 (Season 3)
Songs:
"Softly" (lipsync)

*1961-XX-XX - The Norman Sadaways World of Music
The Journeymen

*1962-12-XX - The One O' Clock Show
The Triumvirate

*1963-04-13 - Hootenanny (ABC) Ep 2 Brown University
The Journeymen
Songs:
"500 Miles"
"I May Be Right"

*1963-07-02 - Talent Scouts
The Big 3
Song:
"Nora's Dove"

*1963-09-12 - The Tonight Show (NBC)
The Big 3

[Additional info: The Big 3 appeared a total of nine times on the show, other dates unknown]

*1963-10-26 - Hootenanny (ABC) Ep 19 Boston University
The Big 3
Songs:
"Come Along"
"Rider"

*1963-11-09 - Hootenanny (ABC) Ep 21 Southern Methodist University
The Journeymen
Songs:
"Hooteanny Saturday Night" (w/ The Wanderers Three)
"Stackolee"
"Cryderville Jail" (as part of the Southwestern Medley)
"Someone to Talk My Troubles To"
"Kumbaya" (finale featuring all guests, Journeymen sing one verse alone)

*1963-11-16 - Hootenanny (ABC) Ep 22 Fordham University
The Big 3
Song:
"Nora's Dove"

*1963-12-04 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS)
The Big 3
Song:
"Rider"

*1964-01-29 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.21
The Journeymen
Song:
unknown Armstrong Tile Commercial

*1964-02-12 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.22
The Journeymen
Song:

*1964-02-19 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.23
The Journeymen
Song:

*1964-02-26 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.24
The Journeymen
Song:

*1964-04-22 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.31
The Journeymen
Song:

*1964-04-29 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.32
The Journeymen
Song:

*1964-12-09 - The Danny Kaye Show (CBS) Ep No.47
The Journeymen
Song:

*1965-12-11 - Shindig! (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“I Call Your Name" (live acoustic)
“Somebody Groovy” (live vocals over backing track)
“California Dreamin’” (lipsync)
“Yesterday” (backing Barry, live vocals over backing track)
“Do You Believe In Magic” (backing Barry, live vocals over backing track)
“You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away” (backing Barry, live vocals over backing track)
"This Precious Time" (backing Barry, live vocals over backing track)
“Hang On Sloopy” (backing Barry, live vocals over backing track)

[Additional info: Dunhill's 'The Grass Roots' are supposed to be the backing band here,
however it's hard to tell if there are any live instruments (other than John's acoustic in
"I Call Your Name") present in the show upon quick examination. I did notice a few
instrumental parts that, if mimed, were done so with uncanny accuracy. Notes on songs
currently listed are from Richard Campbell, will examine the film more closely soon.]

*1965-12-25 - Shivaree (ABC) Filmed at KABC Studios, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Somebody Groovy” (lipsync, runs over the end credits)

*1966-01-29 - Hollywood Palace (ABC) Filmed at The Hollywood Palace, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Be My Valentine” (live vocal, singing backup to Arthur Godfrey)

[Additional info: Repeated on 07/30/66]

*1966-02-19 - American Bandstand (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“California Dreamin’"
"I Call Your Name"

*1966-03-10 - Where The Action Is (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, San Diego, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“California Dreamin’"

[Additional info: Filmed not in a studio, but at a waterside location, on a dock and a boat]

*1966-03-14 - Hullabaloo (NBC) Filmed at NBC Studios, Brooklyn, NY
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“California Dreamin’,”
“Nowhere Man” (part of a current hit medley featuring all of that episodes' guests)

[Additional info: The M&P's vocals can be heard in places throughout the
medley, including the refrains in "Homeward Bound", and parts of "Daydream",
most noticeably there a complete verse they sing alone. Repeated 08/08/66]

*1966-03 - The Lloyd Thaxton Show (KCOP) Filmed at KCOP-TV Studios, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“California Dreamin’"

*1966-04-07 - Where The Action Is (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, San Diego, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“California Dreamin’"
“I Call Your Name”

*1966-04-09 - Hollywood Palace (ABC) Filmed at The Hollywood Palace, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday"

*1966-04-29 - Where The Action Is (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, San Diego, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“Got A Feelin’”

*1966-08-18 - Top of the Pops
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
"I Saw Her Again" (promotional video shown)

*1966-09-08 - Top of the Pops
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
"I Saw Her Again" (promotional video shown)

*1966-09-17 - Hollywood Palace (ABC) Filmed at The Hollywood Palace, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Dancing Bear”
“Dancing In The Street”

*1966-12-11 - The Ed Sullivan Show (CBS) Filmed at CBS Studios, New York, NY
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Monday, Monday”
“California Dreamin’”
“Words Of Love”

*1967-02-24 - The Songmakers (ABC) Filmed at Western Recorders, Studio 3, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Boys & Girls Together” (studio recording session from 12/01/66).

*1967-03-02 - Rodgers And Hart Today (ABC) Filmed at ABC Studios, Hollywood, CA
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“My Heart Stood Still”
“Glad To Be Unhappy”
“Here In My Arms”
“Sing For Your Supper.”

[Additional info: One in this series of entertainment specials presented under
the umbrella of "ABC Stage 67." This program is a tribute to the music of
Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, and also features performances by Bobby
Darin, the Supremes, the Doodletown Pipers, Petula Clark, Count Basie and
his Orchestra, and dancer Peter Gennaro. Repeated 05/11/67]

*1967-04-27 - Top of the Pops
The Mamas & The Papas
Song:
"Dedicated to the One I Love (promotional video shown)

[Additional info: No idea what this promo is...]

*1967-06-11 - The Ed Sullivan Show (CBS) Filmed at CBS Studios, New York, NY
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Creeque Alley”
“Dedicated To The One I Love”

*1967-09-24 - The Ed Sullivan Show (CBS) Filmed at CBS Studios, New York, NY
The Mamas & The Papas
Songs:
“Twelve Thirty (Young Girls Are Coming To The Canyon)”
Medley: “California Dreamin'”; “I Call Your Name”; “Monday, Monday”

[Additional info: Repeated 07/14/68]

*1967-12-17 - The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1968-04-21 - Youth 68: Everything’s Changing...Or Maybe It Isn’t (NBC)
The Mamas & The Papas

[Additional info: Part of NBC's Experiments In Television series,
Youth 68 is a "kaleidoscopic view of the younger generation and
its view on rebellion, love, religion, education, the future and
other subjects." Members of Jefferson Airplane, the Mamas and
the Papas, Vanilla Fudge, and Happy Apples were interviewed.]

*1968-04-24 - The Andy Williams Show (NBC)
Cass Elliot

*1968-09-09 - The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1969-03-21 - This is Tom Jones (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1969-06-26 - The Mamas Cass Television Program (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1969-09-20 - The Johnny Cash Show (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1969-11-01 - Hollywood Palace (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1969-11-08 - American Bandstand (ABC)
Cass Elliot

[Additional info: "Mama Cass Day"]

*1969-11-12 - This is Tom Jones (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1969-12-01 - Music Scene (ABC)
Cass Elliot
Song:
"New World Coming"

*1970-02-23 - The Mike Douglas Show (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1970-02-25 - The Johnny Cash Show (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1970-06-24 - The David Frost Show (CBS)
John Phillips

*1970-08-18 - The Dick Cavett Show
John Phillips

*1970-08-27 - The David Frost Show (CBS)
John Phillips

*1970-08-27 - The Tonight Show (NBC)
John Phillips and Cass Elliot

*1970-09-08 - The Mike Douglas Show (CBS)
Cass Elliot

1970-11-18 - The Johnny Cash Show (ABC)
Cass Elliot

*1971-XX-XX - "Something Special"
Cass Elliot and Dave Mason
Songs:
"Something to Make You Happy"
"To Be Free"
"Too Much Truth, Too Much Love"
"Sit and Wonder"
"Walk to the Point"

[Additional info: Special featuring Cass and Dave Mason in various locations talking about
recording together, alternating with performances on a soundstage with an audience]

*1972-03-10 - Dinah's Place (NBC)
Cass Elliot

*1972-05-16 - The Mike Douglas Show (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1972-09-18 - The Mike Douglas Show
Cass Elliot
Song:
(If You're Gonna) Break Another Heart

*1972-09-25 - Dinah's Place (NBC)
Cass Elliot (with Owen)

[Additional info: Cass talks about dieting. Sewing expert Carol Bird comes on and shows Cass
how to sew a kaftan, and Cass helps sew one. Cass and Dinah talk about Owen, age 5, who is then
brought on, and Owen answers questions for Dinah. Jack Kramer, an author of books on gardening,
is brought on, and shows how to make a 'window box,' having Owen help make one. Cass exits, and
Owen continues working on the 'window box' while Dinah sings "Mockingbird Hill" next to her.
Cass comes back out wearing the kaftan she helped sew earlier, and they wrap up the show.]

*1973-02-23 - The Mike Douglas Show (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1974-07-15 - The Mike Douglas Show (CBS)
Cass Elliot

*1978-06-01 - Denny's Sho* (CBC) - Debut. The series gets off to a roaring opener as it's the first public reunion of the Mamas and the Papas (minus, of course, the late Mama Cass Elliott). Present, with Denny, are John and Michelle Phillips. Highlights: "Monday, Monday," "California Dreamin'," "Creeque Alley," "Dancing Bear," "One Morning in May" (Denny, Michelle, John); "Victim of Romance" (Michelle); "Zulu" (John); "You Can't Tell a Book by Its Cover" (Denny).

*1978-06-08 - Denny's Sho* - Denny's guests are singer Ranee Lee and vibraphonist Warren Chiasson. Songs include "Just a Little Bit," "Home Again," "As Time Goes By" (Denny); "Don't Leave Me This Way," "Am I Blue" (Ranee); "September Song" (Warren); "Rainbow in Your Eyes" (Denny, Ranee).

*1978-06-22 - Denny's Sho* - Murray McLauchlan sings "Well, Well, Well" and "On the Boulevard," and joins Denny on "Jug Band Music." Denny sings "Fundy Bay" and a medley of hits by the Mamas & the Papas.

*1978-07-06 - Denny's Sho* - Salome Bey sings "Too Shy to Say" and "Have I Thanked You?"; Ken Tobias sings "New York City"; and Denny does "Watcha Gonna Do?" "Children of My Mind," and joins Salome and Ken for "We All Pull the Load."

*1978-07-13 - Denny's Sho* - The singing duo Original Caste joins Denny Doherty to perform "I Can't Hold On," "Lovin' You" and "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" Also: Original Caste does "Stealin'."

*1978-07-20 - Denny's Sho* - Singers Marie-Paule Martin and Ron MacEachern join Denny Doherty. Songs-. "Gone at Last," "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (Denny); "Du vieux soleil" (Marie-Paule); "She's a Lady" (Marie-Paule, Denny); "Go Otf on Your Way," "Driver Mclvor" (Ron).

*1978-08-17 - Denny's Sho* - Denny Doherty's guests are singers Tom Gallant and Jamie Snyder. Highlights: "Unlikely Homecoming" (Tom); "Soldier's Joy" (Jamie); "After Midnight," "I Got a Feelin'" (Denny).

*1978-08-24 - Denny's Sho* - Singer Nancy Dolman and flutist Moe Koffman are the guests.

*1978-08-31 - Denny's Sho* - John Phillips and Michelle Phillips are guests.

*1978-09-07 - Denny's Sho* - Final episode. Former Lovin' Spoonful members John Sebastian and Zal Yanovsky are Denny's guests. Songs include "Daydream," "Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?" (John, Zal); "Blues in the Bottle," "Do You Believe in Magic?" "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back" (John, Zal, Denny).

*1982-03-01 - Good Morning America (ABC) - The introduction of the New Mamas and the Papas.

*1986-06-26 - Late Night with David Letterman - John Phillips guests

*1990-09-29 - The Howard Stern Show - John Phillips guests
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Alby » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:10 am

Thank you Chris for sharing those rare and cool videos. Do you have the Bandstand where they sang Twelve Thirty?

Albert.
Alby

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Ars_Nova_Chris

PreviousNext

Return to Cass TV Sightings