[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Casting Cass

Casting Cass

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Casting Cass

Postby adamcarr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Hey Guys,

Here's a question for everyone (as I'm sure we'd all love to see a Cass Elliot Bio-Pic one day), WHO WOULD YOU CAST AS CASS ELLIOT??, I remember many years ago when there was word about a Mamas & Papas Movie based on Michelle's book "CALIFORNIA DREAMIN", that they were looking at Carnie Wilson to play Cass and Chyanna Phillips to play Michelle.
Looking around at the talent today my first thought would be ......

NIKKI BLONSKY (Hairspray)

Who would you cast ?????

Cheers,
adam :roll:
adamcarr

Re: Casting Cass

Postby dunhill » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 pm

My vote is for Lesley Boone of Ed fame. She's very Cass-esque and being a trained singer she could handle the part quite well.

Charles
dunhill

Postby adamcarr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Excellent suggestion Dunhill, I just googled to have a look at her and your right, she would be great, only prob I thought with Nikki is that she may be alittle too young.
Cheers,
Adam.
adamcarr

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:34 am

Hi guys,
What about the girl who oriiganated the role in the Hairspray musical on broadway? I know her first name is Marissa, but I'm having a little bit of trouble with the last name. She was in that movie Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore. She played one of Drew's friends. Now, she's on that reality show Dance Your A** Off on the Oxygen network. Oh well... Just my little old opinion.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:25 am

Nicole,

I was thinking of the same girl. Hope things get rolling since befoe we know it any and all choices will be too old to play the parts, which Michelle had pointed out had happened in the last 25 years.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 am

Hi John,
Me too!
Take care,
Nicole

Postby adamcarr » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:26 am

Hi John & Nicole,

I've been waiting to see what you guys thought, and your right, MARISSA JARET WINOKUR would be awesome as Cass.

Cheers,
Adam. :)
adamcarr

Postby Nicole » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 am

Hi Adam,
Thank you for the name, I couldn't remeber it!
Take care,
Nicole

Postby macpatient » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 am

personally I would like to see someone that isn't famous. I think though it may not draw as many people as it would should it have nikki blonsky or someone like that, It would be nice to see a fresh face.
macpatient

Postby Different » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:23 pm

The singer from the UK named Adele could play Cass in a film role.
Different

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion