Cass Elliot/The Road Is No Place for a Lady 2-fer CD

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Cass Elliot/The Road Is No Place for a Lady 2-fer CD

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:35 am

Hi,
Yes, awsome article. Just to add, we will have patience. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 pm

I am very glad that Owen herself is overseeing this project. I would hate for it to be overseen by someone who didn't even know Cass.

It is my fervent hope that, somewhere and somehow, Cass is seeing all of this being done and fully realizes that her post-M&P recordings were not in vain and that she truly did shed 'Mama' from her name.
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby KimL » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 am

Hi Owen, Richard and All!

Long-time forum member reappearing at last to post on this wonderful occasion.

I can't tell everyone how shocked and overjoyed I was to receive my Collector's Choice with... guess who on the cover???!! Wooooooooooooowww!!!! And not one, but two new releases tucked inside!!! I'm over the moon about this! To find out that the masters for Road were in perfect condition, and that the better mix of "If You're Gonna Break Another Heart" was discovered... oh!!!!! I'm delighted!!!!

No complaints about the extra wait time from this quarter, Owen... just knowing that I'll have a copy of The Road on CD at last (that wasn't transfered from my poor LP version), with liner notes from you and Richard, and bonus tracks to boot... I'll wait anxiously and happily!!!

As for the DVD... yay!!!!!!! So excited!!!

Special shout-outs to Richard, Eran, Charles and Gary F... hi!! I'm so glad to be back here! :)

Here's to August 25!!!

Warmest,
Kim
KimL

Postby adamcarr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Hello Fellow Cass Fans,

Firstly I wanted to say how great it is that Owen has joined our group discussions!!! and to thank her for keeping us all updated on the upcoming releases., I guess we can all hang tight in anticipation of Aug 25th!! and are happy to do so if it means a product better than we all expected, Poor Collectors Choice, they must have been inundated with emails from Cass fans the world over begging to know what's going on, at least they know that there's still SERIOUS interest in cass' work., this will hopefully prompt the DCMMA dvd release!
I know everyone on my email list in australia and on facebook has been notified of the delay and encouraged to spend some $$, which they all have. Adding to a previous post I read in this thread I too hope that Cass can see all of this, I bet it would blow her away to know that 35 years after she passed a cd release of her music would cause such excitement around the world.
Cheers,
Adam
:D
adamcarr

WHEW!!!! OK THEN!!!!

Postby jcg » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm soooo relieved that it's Owen that's overseeing this project. I was away for a while and was looking forward to finding the twofer in my mailbox when I got home today and was super bummed when it wasn't. I got on the forum to share my frustration with other Cassophiles and finally saw the post from Owen. I've got to say that the revelation that it was a daughter caring for her mom's legacy and how its presented, and not some incompetant record company indifference that was causing the delays, really took the edge off of the disappointment. I will wait with bated breath, knowing that the package will be sweeter being delivered with such love and respect. Go Owen!
jcg

YES!!!!!!!!

Postby jcg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 am

My Cass DVD shipped from CC music last week and the twofer shipped today!!!!!!!! It's really gonna happen!!!! There are no words!!!!
jcg

Previous

Return to Products and Memorabilia