[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - "Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

"Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: "Don't Make me a Memory" on Cass E / Road CD?

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:34 pm

I FINALLY got the CD today and LOVE it!

Though I already have the 'Cass Elliot' CD (I bought it when it first came out), it is still wonderful to have it on the same CD as 'The Road is No Place For a Lady' - which the tracks are wonderfully remastered.

I really like "We'll See" and "Try It, Baby" - triple A+ for the entire product!
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby KimL » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 am

Have been waiting in absolute agony for my disc to arrive... *finally* got it today!!! I've owned the self-titled album on CD (the Japanese imported version) for years, but it's still an absolute treat to have it coupled with The Road on one disc! Woohoo! "I'll be Home" and "When it Doesn't Work Out" still give me full body chills. :)

As for having The Road on CD... the sound quality is about 1000 times better than my LP version (and my CD transfer of said version). I nearly cried when I heard the rediscovered mix of "If You're Gonna Break Another Heart", which is sooooo much better than it's counterpart on the LP!

The bonus tracks are wonderful. I've always loved her version of "East of the Sun....", and the two new tracks are fabulous! I particularly love "We'll See."

I haven't gotten to read everything yet, or even listen to the entire album yet, but I'm so excited and brimming over with thanks and gratitude to everyone involved in bringing this to us!! Thank you thank you!!!

Haven't watched my new DVD yet, either... planning to make time to have a little Cass-fest this weekend. :)

Enjoy, everyone!

Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby Eran » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:48 am

Now THIS is what an album is supposed to sound like!

I am typing out this reply while "Does Anybody Love You" is playing in the background. I am thoroughly blown away by the remastering of the 'Road' album. It has just always been the one I would never listen to because of the poor LP quality and the even poorer CD transfer, but no more... what pitch perfect vocals and sound.

"We'll See" is a gem! Coupled with "East of the Sun" I almost feel cheated out of the stellar 1920s-sound album Cass would have recorded, had she lived. My DVD is due here any day so this weekend is certainly going to be a groovy one indeed :))

Owen and Richard, hats off!
Eran

Postby jcg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:14 pm

jcg

Previous

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion